1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Minor Internal Bleeding

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by Remixer, Sep 8, 2012.

1. greywolf

greywolf Slightly Tilted

I've donated blood over 80 times. This is a fairly common result of the puncture when, as you say, pressure is not applied long enough. It is nothing more than a bruise... subcutaneous pooling of blood. It will be reabsorbed over the next few days with no ill effects. As for internal bleeding being particularly dangerous... have you ever wondered what fluid causes the swelling in a sprain or a bump on your head? It's pretty much blood, and is absorbed/dealt with in due course by your body.

However, in keeping with the more serious vein of the other answers, I've got to tell you that zombification is NOT a danger with this sort of injury. However, the issue of blood is always a consideration with vampires who can sense it's presence at great distances, not to mention the incredibly acute sense of smell of the modern werewolf. Both species prey largely on individuals damaged as you are. I strongly recommend a garlic poultice on the area, changed at least 3 times a day; and a .45 calibre revolver with silver bullets. DO NOT use an automatic pistol... silver bullets tend to jam them frequently.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

'eh bro' ... how's it today?

3. Remixer

Remixer Middle Eastern Doofus

Hah.

I was actually going to update this tomorrow. The 4x2cm stretch turned into a 6x2cm one a few days ago. Since then the intensity of the color has been fading and now the stretch is mostly skin color with a bunch of blue spots along the stretch.

Sorry to disappoint the Zombie-lovers. :D

• Like Like x 1
  4. What a let down.

5. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

*makes note to call off the zombie killing hit squad already dispatched, hopefully they get adequate mobile service this time or at least hear the voicemail in time.......last time was "messy" with that 'we were in a dead zone and got it five minutes late' excuse.

6. Vampires will go to great lengths for virgin blood I think I read somewhere.

7. are you saying that remixer is a virgin?

8. A lady would neither ask nor answer that question. You would have to ask him yourself for any other answering for him would only be speculating.

9. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

I missed this thread earlier, but yeah, as someone who's donated a lot of blood, that's what happens when you get a shitty phlebotomist and they have to dig around for a vein. In the future, ice it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Remixer

I should get my SO to respond to that, but as @chinese_crested said... a lady wouldn't answer that question. :D

Nevermind that she'd be way too embarassed by this question.

Women. :rolleyes:

11. Alistair Eurotrash

Woah! You mean it's gone inside?

Best cut off the whole arm - fast - can't be too careful with this stuff!

12. Remixer

If I can still physically remove it a week after being infected with it, this would be one seriously slow-ass virus.

Maybe it's related to Baraka_Guru ? :D

13. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

Have you asked one of the maesters to try leeches on it?

If you convince them that it hurts a lot, you may even get some milk of the poppy.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

It is a little known secret that using rusty tools for that job helps kill those slow viruses. The gangrene and blood poisoning that result from it are just a bonus.

15. Joniemack

Joniemack Beta brainwaves in session

Was a nurse in my other life.

Tourniquets allow blood to pool in the veins we want to poke. When the needle is inserted into the vein, blood is pushed through the needle into the tube under a good deal of pressure. When the needle and tourniquet are removed, the blood continues to flow out of the hole in the vein until clotting occurs. Keeping pressure on the needle site after the blood is drawn is somewhat helpful but not always. If you have a good, strong blood pressure the blood flow after the needle is removed may be greater than someone with a weaker blood pressure. What you're seeing is perfectly natural. Excess blood that will be eliminated by your body in the same way a bruise would be.

I wouldn't worry yourself about infection unless it was somehow introduced by the needle itself which is highly unlikely. If you're really worried about infection entering from the outside, put a bandaid on it.

Nothing much you can do but wait or go for the Speed Gibson cure.

Oh, and stop being such a fucking pussy.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Alistair Eurotrash

Apart from the last sentence, what Joniemack just said is obviously all science bullshit. You are going to become a zombie. You should have cut the arm off sooner.

I give you 24 hours. Use them wisely (by which I mean unwisely).

• Like Like x 1
  17. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

Righteous!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Remixer

One word: Vodka.

19. Alistair Eurotrash

Yup.

Or Scotch.

Hell, moonshine would work too!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Joniemack

Joniemack Beta brainwaves in session

You're both full of shit. As if one last blowjob wouldn't be on your priority list.

• Like Like x 1