1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Modern Soldiers, Civil War Camera

Discussion in 'Found on the Net' started by Plan9, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

2. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

Very cool.

When did soldiers start wearing their side arms on their chest? And does that make it a front arm?

3. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Soldiers have worn shoulder holsters--such as the M7 tanker holster--for a number of years. The chest holster is a recent addition that some feel proves useful in the extremely cramped armored vehicles they ride in these days. Said holsters are said to prove useful because the amount of body armor/equipment makes it difficult to get to the belt line to draw from a standard belt holster and "drop leg" holsters are annoying to move with, are blocked by the same cramped quarters and worn gear.

I preferred mounting my pistol to the front of my body armor in line with my rifle magazine pouches when all turtle'd up. It was less bulky that way. The preferred method is always some type of strong side belt carry... for speed and retention reasons.

...The More You Know'd!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2013
  4. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

Great work.
    I like that they included a nice selection of folks.

5. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

That collection of images messes with my mind. Neat to have the old and new interact.