1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Food Morning Addictions.

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by Magpie, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Magpie

Magpie Getting Tilted

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

To start off I have a grand love for Cheerieos. I don't care if it's the General Mills brand or the No Name Brand Toasted Oat O's or the one I'm eating currently President's Choice Toasted Oat O's. It all tastes the same to me.

Anyways I've come to notice that I get grate cravings for this cereal in the mornings. I get the biggest cereal bowl we have in the apartment and have two servings of the stuff. I use to only eat one serving. Lately though my belly is telling me that it's still hungry and wants more. I'm starting to wonder if I truly am hungry or am getting a little addiction to it and just want more. Tis odd.

Anyone else have strange food addictions?

2. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

No, just coffee. Failing coffee, Irish Breakfast tea. Failing Irish Breakfast tea, English Breakfast tea. I'm not a big breakfast person on a weekday. I like having time to eat my breakfast slowly.

3. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

I love cold leftovers for breakfast. My favourite is pad thai.

I generally prefer to eat "non-breakfast" food: I guess I mean to say that I'm not all that keen on the North American idea of breakfast: cereal, eggs, bacon, toast, muffins, etc. I would rather these things for brunch or dinner.

Though I do often eat whole-grain/natural cereals, oatmeal, and Red River cereal, especially when I add things like nuts, fruit, natural peanut butter, etc.

I'm also getting to the point where matcha tea is a must. I now prefer it greatly over coffee.

4. Jove

Jove Slightly Tilted

I must have coffee in the morning as well as a nutritious breakfast.

5. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

Nothing too strange. For weekday mornings, it's fresh ground coffee from a local roaster brewed in the French Press (I'm the household barista) and Greek yogurt with local granola. Kibble for the pets—and they don't let us forget.

Peanut butter crunch cereal (Wegman's makes a delicious and much cheaper generic version of Captain Crunch Peanut Butter Crunch) is the only cereal I really crave. I crave breakfast food in general, especially if it features eggs. Given the option to eat breakfast food at any time of day or night, I will never turn it down.

6. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

I like a mixture of Raisin Bran and Honey Nut Cheerios.

7. DAKA

DAKA DOING VERY NICELY, THANK YOU

Alternate....COFFEE, Bagel and lox with creamcheese..and one egg easy over with one strip of bacon and one slice of toast
    Weekend....sometimes if blueberrys are available pancakes....or a loaded omelette...

8. streak_56

streak_56 I'm doing something, going somewhere...

An energy drink.... so bad for me....

9. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

Coffee. I will eat something else, cereal, toast, bagels... but I must have some coffee.

10. Bear Cub

Bear Cub Goes down smooth.

Cold chicken lo mein.

Beyond that, I refer you back to the bagel thread...

11. Coffee and nothing too sweet. I'm not big on pancakes/waffles in the morning. I'd rather have eggs and bacon. If we had pizza the night before, cold pizza WILL be my breakfast.

12. EventHorizon

EventHorizon assuredly the cause of the angry Economy..

a hearty breakfast of poptarts and gatorade

13. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

I must have two servings of cereal for breakfast and it must be 2 different cereals.
    I usually start with something light, like Multi-Grain Cheerios with some berries.
    The second bowl is a granola. Either Bear Naked or something similar. There is also a locally made chunky cocoa granola that I've taken a liking to, particularly with some dried cherries mixed in.
    I need this much fuel because I eat around 0600, ride my bike to work and don't get anything to eat again until after 12 noon. That and I have a metabolism like a hummingbird.

• Like Like x 1
  14. roachboy

roachboy Very Tilted

coffee. in a french press. with soy milk, preferably.
    i dont really eat breakfast, though i will if someone else makes it a bit later in the morning. but not first thing.
    i used to eat breakfast, but i think a year living upstairs from a bakery in paris corrupted me. i decided not to even try.

15. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Mmmm, leftovers for breakfast. Sounds good to me, especially the cold pizza.

16. streak_56

streak_56 I'm doing something, going somewhere...

That was my breakfast of choice when I lived in Ohio, definitely breakfast of champions...

17. Spiritsoar

Spiritsoar Slightly Tilted

Monster. I don''t like coffee, tea doesn't have the same kick. I start of the day with a Monster energy drink. If I'm off that day, I'll occasionally make up some scrambled eggs with ham, cheese, and mushrooms thrown in.

18. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

Sandy and I prefer sex in the morning. Then we have coffee and cigarettes. Shower and off to work. Exception for the weekend.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Levite

Levite Levitical Yet Funky

Got to have Diet Coke. I hate coffee and tea, but I need the caffeine.

Other than that, protein. Not hugely particular about what kind: sometimes it's a burrito with rice and beans and cheese, sometimes eggs and soy sausage/bacon, sometimes whatever random dinner leftovers (chicken, beef stew, pasta and meat sauce, Chinese vegetables and tofu, etc.).

But if I don't have protein and caffeine in the morning, I can't get my motor started before noon.