1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest!
The donation button is here.
https://goo.gl/aFggcs

Motorcycles,do you ride?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Frankie, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & don't criticize. Donor

I don't ride, have only ridden a motorcycle a couple of times in my 55+ years.

That said, I wouldn't mind having a reliable & comfortable (but not a recliner-on-wheels) bike for occasional rides. There is the real possibility that my first near miss would cause me to quickly park the bike.

2. terryna New Member

Agree...[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Frankie

Frankie Slightly Tilted

I’ve had many close calls but that said a good rider is always defensive always defensive I can’t stress that enough. Close calls are part of riding and they happen. Riding a motorcycle is one of the most dangerous things you can do and from my 45 years of experience I can state most close calls are the fault of other motorists (cars). They just don’t see you or they are distracted (cell phones).

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member Donor

One thing that I really appreciate about cold weather is that a pall of quietness descends upon the land as most of the Harleys get put away for the winter.:D

5. Frankie

Frankie Slightly Tilted

That’s funny because around here it’s the screaming crotch rocket rice burners we hear most.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & don't criticize. Donor

With our short & usually mild winters, the bikes never really get put away. Maybe February & March. Maybe.

We get Harley straight pipes, and the copies to give other bikes "the Harley potato sound." But the race bike performance pipes are by far more common.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

There are a handful of hardcore bikers up here who use trikes and ride year round.
    More power to them.
    I ride my bicycle in the winter and that is scary enough.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Frankie

Frankie Slightly Tilted

I’ve ridden year round twice but it’s pretty hard to pull that off up here in New England. Still it’s a bragging point for me with all my biker friends.

• Like Like x 2