1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Movie etiquette guide.

Discussion in 'Found on the Net' started by Xazy, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Xazy Vertical

I saw online movie etiquette guide. I am quoting it here since I am not allowed to post links yet.

I wish people always followed these rules at the theater, it would really make me enjoy the experience more.

2. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

Hate, hate....haaaate....cell phone lights blinking in the middle of movie.

You can only hear whispering within a few seats' radius, but cell phone lights have no limit.

I think this list was made for the wrong reasons though. Most decent people follow them already. Those who don't probably don't care.

3. m0rpheus

m0rpheus Getting Tilted

I'd like to add,
    "If you want a good seat, show up early."

They've started doing this thing lately where they'll ask everyone to move to the middle so they can find seats for the people who showed up just before the movie starts. To hell with that. I got there good and damn early because I like an aisle seat and I'll be damned if I'm moving for Mr. Shows-Up-5-minutes-before-the-movie-starts-opening-night.

4. LoganSnake

LoganSnake Vertical

People actually prefer aisle seats?

5. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

Yup. I'm one of them. It's a 'different mindset', I fully understand those who like to be in the middle, because I can get into that myself, but not as first choice.

Very enjoyable list :)

6. m0rpheus

m0rpheus Getting Tilted

I do. Get to stretch out. Not the point though. I showed up early to get the exact seat I wanted. I'm not moving for someone who shows up when the movies about to start

7. streak_56

streak_56 I'm doing something, going somewhere...

well.... I violate some rules on that list..... mainly, 1, 2, 7.... I talk during movies... sorry its a habit. I will say it depends on how many people are there... because I will shut up if the theatre is really full. I will only play with my cell if the movie is really boring.... and who doesn't save seats?

BUT what really gets me is the not showing up early and asking me to move for them, but gets pissy because I rejected their offer mentality.... I've told many people to get off their high horse in the middle of a theatre to have people thank me later for saying no. Oh, I also hate people who sit next to me, so I usually sit next to the wall with a friend on the other side.

8. Jove

Jove Slightly Tilted

Nice list. Because people like to bust out their cell phones and message people during a movie on a Friday night, I have been going to Saturday afternoon showing because there are less annoying people.

9. m0rpheus

m0rpheus Getting Tilted

Read it again. Genuine seat saving is fine, ie for a friend getting popcorn, in line for tickets, on their way etc. It's just don't put your crap in a seat to look like you are saving it for a friend just to get the extra room.

10. streak_56

streak_56 I'm doing something, going somewhere...

No no... I'm an ass....

11. m0rpheus

m0rpheus Getting Tilted

Ok fair enough.

12. Bear Cub

Bear Cub Goes down smooth.

#5 is the kicker, though I think it also goes for sitting directly behind someone. Inevitably, every time I go (and it's always near empty, since I usually go early on a Sunday after the movie has been out for weeks), a family of 6 loudmouths sits directly behind me, and either kicks the back of my chair the entire time or flat out rests their feet on it.

That list, coupled with astronomical ticket prices, is the reason I built a full-blown movie theater in my house. Sure, I have to wait a few more months, but the aggravation saved is worth it.