1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yes Lish I realize that.. you are the character in this little play that is hostile because you don't know me.. Thankfully though for both of us you're not who I'm looking for! But thank you for the bodily function analogies.. and the soap one.. that I really don't get...

2. im hostile to you not because i dont know you. Im hostile to you because you shat on our floor. Im not here to pick fights with the new members, except for the spammers, which you may well have been when you first arrived. But if you didnt get my analogies, then i'd probably wouldn't enjoy reading your book anyways.

3. oh I got all of them but the soap one.. but I'm sure I can Google that... And if you still think I did as you put it.. shat on your floor.. you're too focused on your own anger towards me then my own responses which have explained several times that I was following an old rule I didn't agree with (hence calling IT silly), that I felt was silly, and was asking for guidance from leadership. Leadership that is not you, though.. because you well.. are still hostile :)

I do enjoy the bantering back and forth and should you feel we are making headway I would love to continue this lively debate with you Lish.. but I feel we're not.. and I don't think I will fully appreciate the soap analogy for a few days, so I will leave my communication with you at that.. Have a great evening.

4. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

losthellhound
    It takes some 'nads to (metaphorically) walk in here and take on all comers. Why not read the rules, sub out 'powers that be,' with its negative connotations used in this context for 'mods & admins,' and stop arguing with half the (unpaid) staff?

I was a returning member too, and I came back with my hat in my hand. The TFP of 2013 is not the TFP of yesteryear. It's a privilege to be here and yeah, we are protective of what we have because it means something. As long as you keep that in mind, treat others as you would have them treat you, you should be fine. I usually cut Canadians some slack but you already got plenty from staff and it seems you are on the verge of hanging yourself. Step back, take a breath, and try to chill.

• Like Like x 6
  5. Bodkin van Horn

Bodkin van Horn One of the Four Horsewomyn of the Fempocalypse

Nice unnecessary escalation, folks.

Are we past the point where we complain about how things used to be run here? Because I'm fairly certain that complaining about the 'powers that be' of yesteryear used to be A-okay, since the 'powers that be' of yesteryear are now the 'powers that were'.

I shit on the floor here all of the time. The trick is arranging the shit in an engaging way and not eating too much corn beforehand.

• Like Like x 2
  6. The combination of corn in your message and chowdered in your Sig made me giggle

7. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

Excellent post, Fangirl.

I wasn't going to say anything on this thread, but I thought losthellhound might benefit from the following link from the new member's forum. A reminder about staff interaction - especially for our long-time members | The TFP Perhaps if you had seen this introductory thread, you would have chosen to PM a mod with your request rather than starting this thread.

Please do everyone on this forum a favor by jumping in to contribute some to the discussions and topics on our board. It's always good to say "Hi! Remember me? I have some cool stuff to say!" before using profane language to insult us while asking for special treatment.

8. Profane language?..... my request was met with profanity.. unless you consider 'silly' profane

9. Bodkin van Horn

Bodkin van Horn One of the Four Horsewomyn of the Fempocalypse

Losthellhound, have you checked out scribophile? It's an online community where members critique eachother's writing. I think a few folks around here have memberships. Plus, you can say 'piss' and no one bats an eye.

10. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

"piss off" is profane.

11. .... seriously...

That's quite the interesting qualification. Perhaps it could've considered profane if taken completely out of context. And then also not compared to the responses I've received.

• Like Like x 1
  12. mixedmedia

mixedmedia ...

oh, good god. what the hell is going on here?

• Like Like x 3
  13. Thanks for that I'll check it out now

14. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

[sigh] "Piss off" isn't profane, nor do we have any rule about profanity. I wasn't going to post here again, but I guess I have to.

losthellhound, you now have the ability to post links, and you also know, unequivocally (because I told you), that there's no rule against posting your link. So rather than continue to play the martyr card (which is so so tiresome) and ignore the actual good advice that others gave you (my own advice being removed from consideration), why don't you go ahead and give everyone the link to your book? If you won't, I will, if for no other reason than to move everyone past this little tempest in a teacup that is eye-goungingly pointless. I'm tired of the rudeness, half-assed apologies and the willful ignorance of overall messages - from you and a lot of others.

For future reference, I'll remind you of what you already know - that any attempt to monetize the link will be considered spam and that we'll treat you accordingly. So long as you keep it a free publication, no worries.

Finally, all I wanted way back in Post #2 was for you to send either me or Cyn the link to your book so that we could see what it was - which, for the record, was before I knew it was free and all I knew was that you were unhappy about the reboot from the 6 posts you'd made. You made 5 posts before you did what I asked, which tells me that you were much more interested in mixing things up in public than accomplishing your stated goal.

So now's your chance to accomplish that goal. Please, for the love of God, just fucking post the link so that this idiocy can stop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.