1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

my car was just broken into...

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by emmdubbs, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Spiritsoar

Spiritsoar Slightly Tilted

Something that I've noticed is that many car insurance policies only cover damage to the car, not things taken from inside. I've found, though, that many renter's insurance policies will cover items stolen from you car.

2. Stick

Stick Vertical

I just got a letter yesterday from the insurance company saying that things that are broken or stolen while in the car can be claimed - up to a $500 limit and excepting mobile phones and baby capsules (thank God baby capsules are all in the past). As well, if I smash my bike they'll cover the cost of a new helmet/s and leathers. Sounds good, but the hard part is getting them to agree to pay a claim. Companies love taking money but hate parting with it.