1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2012/2013 season discussion thread

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Borla, Oct 30, 2012.

1. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

2. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Joakim Noah is a beast.

First 20+ pt, 20+ reb, 10+ block, 65%+ FG% night recorded in NBA history.

Kareem, Hakeem, and Noah are the only people to record two 20+ pt, 20+ reb, 10+ block games in history.

:cool:

3. ..and shaquille oneil.

he's come a long in these last few years. thats some serious superstar names he's put his name up against.

4. Borla

D-Rose sitting on the bench during the game yesterday for the first time this season. Might mean nothing, but hopefully it is a sign he's back soon.

5. Borla

• Like Like x 1
  6. thats some seriously funny shit i must admit Craven Morehead.

Borla do you think that alley-oop was a travel?

7. Borla

I don't THINK so, but that video isn't the highest quality or the best angle to tell. I believe Crawford took the "one step" they always give before passing or shooting and that was it.

8. LeBron has taken whining lessons from Phil Jackson?

9. Borla

Haha! :p

I'll give him this, he gets hacked and smacked as much or more than anyone playing right now. But he also gets a lot of calls. The Heat had no business letting a Bulls team missing 3 of their starters beat them.

In other news, I've destroyed my fantasy league. With two weeks left, I am 109-60-2. The second place guy is 95-75-1. I didn't make a single transaction all year, aside from setting my lineups each week. :D

10. Piston fans of a certain age can appreciate the irony of the Bulls being the team that prompted LeBron's whiny bitch act.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Borla

In all fairness, a few of those guys on the Pistons would STILL be in prison if they did that to some random guy on the street. :p

• Like Like x 1
  12. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

The Blazers lost yet another game. In the relatively "good" news, they are already certainly a lottery bound team this year and they lost to the Jazz which gives Utah one more notch on keeping the Lakers out of the playoffs.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Borla

Just wow.

14. Borla

Kobe just tore his Achilles.

15. Takes a year to recover, next year was to be his last. Can't imagine hell come back.

16. Borla

He had one more year on his contract, but yesterday (pre-injury obviously) he said in an interview with Time Warner Sports Net that he could play as many as five more years. He said it was unlikely, but possible.

I figured he had maybe 2 years left after this year, 3 tops. It's hard to tell how this will change his end of career plans. But I would bet any amount of money that he's not done because of this. My guess is, assuming it's a full rupture, he comes back sometime late next year and plays at least one more full season after that.

17. Borla

I hope Utah wins and the Lakers lose tonight. I don't have much confidence in it, but one can hope.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

I see one more season actually playing and iffy beyond that. He is more like Jordan in the sense how Michael finally retired when his production was dipping. MJ's career scoring average would have dropped below 30.0 points per game after already dropping from 31.3* after his first retirement.

* top of my head i know it is damn close if not quite right

19. Borla

My record in my NBA fantasy league:

123-73-2

Second place in my NBA fantasy league:

108-88-2

Yeah, I dominated. :cool: