1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2012/2013 season discussion thread

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Borla, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

I wish the Lakers had just imploded this nicely earlier and stayed out of the playoffs this year where they belonged. The Utah Jazz would have been so much better to watch.
    Hopefully Portland can figure things out (hint: not draft another bloody guard!) and get back to something resembling the powerhouse they were in the early 90's sooner than later.

2. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  3. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

The fact that Melo got a first place MVP vote (the only one that didn't go to Lebron) is laughable. The dude is a great scorer. But he literally does NOTHING else, his team was still .500 without him, and both Lebron and Durant dominated him in the years they had.

4. Holy shit, I can't believe what I just watched. Bulls!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Borla

Imagine if they weren't missing 3 of their best players.

6. Speed_Gibson

Dammnit, the GS-SA game just went into double overtime and I have to go to work. These are the kind of games I want to watch not read about the next morning.

7. Borla

The Heat should be ashamed of themselves for letting this depleted Bulls team hang around.

Last edited: May 10, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Speed_Gibson

Just started watching at the beginning of the third quarter, looks like a much closer game than the last one. Still feels a bit odd not seeing Jordan, Pippen, and Rodman on the floor for Chicago. Haven't watched very many Bull games in the past 15 years.
    --- merged: May 10, 2013 at 9:49 PM ---
    Not following the Eastern Conference that much but I would be delighted if the Bulls were able to knock the Heat out of the playoffs.
    Personally I am waiting until next year and hoping that the Blazers actually get somewhere again. I well remember the team that regularly went deep in the playoffs and reached the Finals.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2013
  9. Borla

What a game by Lebron.

Another season or so at this level (and a ring this year and maybe one or two more in the future) and we'll honestly have to argue over if he or Jordan is the GOAT.

10. Borla

Lebron played another very good game last night. Wade finally showed up even if Bosh didn't.

I am really looking forward to this series, and honestly I'll be happy with either outcome. Part of me wants Duncan to have another ring so there is an argument for Duncan>Kobe. And part of me wants Lebron to win another ring just so that he can rack up the legacy we all know he might be capable of.

11. Speed_Gibson

I hope that Duncan gets another ring, but beyond that I hardly care who wins the title this year.
    Looking forward more to the draft and hoping that Portland gets some good picks this time. I miss the days when the Blazers were a virtual lock to make the playoffs and had a solid chance of going deep or reaching the finals.

12. i think somewhere in the start of this thread i mentioned that i thought my beloved spurs would finish atop of the western conference, and then get knocked out like they did last year because of their age.

to my surprise, theyve held up pretty well and Tony Parker's been phenomenal! WHilst their defence isnt as solid as it was a few years ago, where they reigned supreme, their offense and outside shooting has improved markedly.

Now, im not so sure if the 9 days lay off waiting for the Heat is going to have a detrimental impact on the spurs. Considering that they dont have home court advantage, they cant afford to have any off games if they want to have a chance against Miami.

For me, i just want to see Lebron cry like a baby once again

• Like Like x 1
  13. flowcntrl

flowcntrl New Member

Strong fundamentals and good coaching defeat athleticism and cheap tricks any day. (I'm not a Heat hater, I just sound like one.)

14. Speed_Gibson

Watched most of the 4th quarter of game 1. That was stellar.
    That last shot Parker made is going to end up on those NBA Finals classic videos.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Borla

Yeah, it was quite a game.

Bosh needs to man up if Miami is going to win.

16. Bosh has been pretty much non-existent the entire playoffs.

17. amonkie

amonkie Very Tilted

I was never a big sports fan but all 3 of the Executives I report to are HUGE sports fans and all we talk about at lunch is sports. I'm learning quite a bit and glad this season has been an exciting one to pay attention to!

All I know at this point is that everyone hates the Heat. Haters!

18. Speed_Gibson

I can quickly say that I dislike the lakers, Might be due in large part to growing up in Oregon. The Blazers are the team I have the most interest in whether they are contenders for the title as in the 90'-91' general era or just scrubs that miss the playoffs for good reason.
    When it comes to the Heat, I would love to see them lose. That is more about the satisfaction of watching the mega-money teams not win the title. I would be thrilled if a team like Cleveland or Golden State was in the finals and had something resembling a chance to win it.

19. game two tomorrow... any predictions?

heat by 10. i dont see them losing two in a row, especially 2 at home.