1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

NBA Playoff thread

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Borla, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

This' very interesting to me (partly because I was just posting in a media thread here), namely because I'm surprised at not seeing any major news source reporting it; I would've expected the local news to be all over it.

That's not to say it isn't true. Maybe the local news media is trying to confirm the story.

But to a point made if the story is true....yes, letting fans in 1.5 hours early and offering $1.00 beers could be a problem. Houston fans are usually fairly mellow, though.

2. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

TheScore is a very legit sports news agency.

Also, the local CBS affiliate has a story on it.

Maxwell, Dollar Beer Headline Rockets Festivities Before Game 5

I think it is legit.

3. Chris Noyb

The Rockets quieted the Thunder.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Borla

Larry Bird stepped down as Pres of the Pacers today.

5. Chris Noyb

Cool....the Rockets took HCA away from the Spurs.

6. Borla

They crushed them. It'll be interesting to see if Pops does something unusual with his lineup for Game 2.

7. Chris Noyb

TBH I don't have my hopes up; the Spurs were the better/more consistent team during the regular season.

However......the Rockets knocking the Spurs out of the POs would be nice.

8. Borla

Isaiah Thomas is a beast. I've been rooting against him and his team the entire playoffs, but I can't deny how incredible his play has been. It's especially crazy considering his size. He's listed at 5'9" and 185lbs. I stood 2-3 paces from him last week. There is ZEO chance he's even that big. I'd bet my mortgage he's not an honest 5'8" and 175-180. It's incredible how he's played this year, in the playoffs, and tonight. And all of that is ignoring the personal tragedy he experienced. Can't help but have incredible respect for what he's done on the court.

9. Chris Noyb

My oh my. Is anyone surprised that the Spurs turned the table on the Rockets?

10. Chris Noyb

The Rockets like to keep things interesting: A blowout win, a blowout loss, a decisive loss, a blowout win.

At least we're back at 2-2.

11. Chris Noyb

39 efn points!!

I'll bet the Rockets wish that they hadn't given away game five at the end.

12. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

I hope it all ends soon. It's all my neighbor can talk about. It's BASEBALL season, for Christ's sake. NBA should be required to end before the first MLB pitch is thrown.

13. Borla

With Kawhi and Parker out too.

14. Chris Noyb

Yes.

The lack of effort against the 'weakened' Spurs was:
    Unbelievable.
    Inexcusable.
    Shameful.
    Embarrassing.

15. Chris Noyb

I'm not sorry the Spurs got swept, do wish it had happened with all of their players healthy. The injuries gave Spurs' fans too many excuses; there's no way I'm going acknowledge any of them as legitimate :D.

Going on the presumption that the Cavaliers with eliminate the pesky Celtics,
    I'm pulling for them to win the championship.

16. Lindy

If I hear the cliche "from downtown" one more time I will puke!:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Chris Noyb

"Nothing but net."

Wow. 67-15, 12-0 is very impressive. I'm still pulling for the Cavaliers, despite their horrible name.

Google

18. Lindy

Probably better than the Roundheads.;)

19. Borla

Discussing the NBA Finals with a couple guys, and whether it'll be a sweep or not. I said that I think tonight's game is Cleveland's best chance to avoid a sweep. If they don't win tonight I think GS will win in four. One of the guys says 'yeah, it's either this game or the next one that I think they'll win, otherwise I think they'll be swept'.

What a genius he is.....

• Like Like x 1
  20. Borla

Horrible officiating tonight. Fortunately it didn't (IMO) impact the final winner/loser, but it definitely disrupted the flow and made the officials look foolish. Especially the confusion about the Draymond Green technical/ejection/non-ejection.