1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Need a quick response regarding dating!

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by Anonymoose, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Since I'm a huge troll and this thread is obviously an open and shut thing:
    Why?

• Like Like x 1
  2. PlaysWithPixels

PlaysWithPixels Getting Tilted

Does that mean I don't have to answer you?

3. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Most definitely. And preferably.

4. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

I think Nikki said it first and best. Offer to pay and watch her reaction.

9"er you should come down here and date a bit. After a couple dates your expected to pay for dinner, her gas/cab get there and perhaps her families medical bills, depending on the family. I feel very fortunate to have found a match that prefers paying her own way most of the the time.

5. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Yep, reach for the wallet and offer to pay. See what's the reaction, just like Nikki said.

No matter what you put down, you're still on a site for "dating". There's still a underlying intention to a certain extent.
    And there's still a certain societal norm around, even though it's the 2010's
    Beside it's a show of politeness, that even friends do for each other at lunches/dinners.

Besides, you may get a good indicator as to how the meeting went too.

6. MeltedMetalGlob

MeltedMetalGlob Resident Loser Donor

Okay, by page 2 it's okay for me to step in...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
    • Like Like x 10
  7. GeneticShift

GeneticShift Show me your everything is okay face.

I HAVE FINALLY BEEN MeltedMetalGlob 'd. This is seriously the greatest achievement I've attained on here.

• Like Like x 5
  8. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

ONLY IF YOU BRING YOUR OWN MR. BIGGLESWORTH.

• Like Like x 1
  9. GeneticShift

GeneticShift Show me your everything is okay face.

I can try and arrange that. I'm not shaving my head, though.

10. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

There's a dirtier joke in there if you look.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Anonymoose

Anonymoose Vertical

Well, I'm back... I asked what she wanted and said I'd take care of it, and she seemed hesitant although accepted. Which couldn't have gone worse because I didn't know if the hesitation meant let her pay or pay. I paid. And tipped them $2.

As for the meeting, I think it went terrible due to my awkwardness. I had an awkward strain in my voice and didn't really initiate much conversation, although my awkward replies made her laugh a lot. She's a gorgeous gal, and funny, which makes the emotional pain I'm feeling right now even harder. I'm crying a bit because I've just moved to this town, 1000 miles away from home and don't know anybody, come home to an empty apartment every single night and I just can't seem to catch a break. I've never had a girlfriend and at 28 years old I'm desperate to know the feeling...

I'm contemplating texting her apologizing for my awkwardness and mentioning that I had a great time. But I think the damage is already done. She did say that maybe we can get together again in 2 weeks, though I think she just said that to soften the blow. Also, yesterday, when she asked me if I wanted to go to Church with her, she mentioned that she had absolutely no plans for the weekend. But after Church, she said she was going to meet her friends at 8PM. Think she was just trying to get rid of me possibly to not hang out afterwards... Don't know how much longer I can handle the loneliness......

12. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

1. Stop second-guessing yourself. Stop it. You're losing sleep over a date with a girl you may never see again or a girlfriend that might end up "seeing your ringpiece," as Cwtch38 is wont to say.
    2. Call her and let her know you had a good time. No apologies, no self-loathing, just straight-up Confident Moose. "Had a great time, look forward to doing it again when our schedules agree."
    3. Go on more dates. If nothing else, it'll get you over the stage fright and help you deal with different people so you know how to handle them and you can discover what you really want in a girl.
    4. Hang out with arkana. Word on the street is that he's a total manslut gigolo with mad skillz.
    5. Use dental floss daily. Nothing is better for your oral hygiene. Girls like a clean mouth.
    6. Don't buy a Tavor like KirStang. They're overrated; bullpups are just so awkward.
    7. Do not try to put it in her butt the first time you make out with her. Don't. No.

Good job on getting out there, brother. Keep at it.

*salute*

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
    • Like Like x 12
  13. Remixer

Remixer Middle Eastern Doofus

Obvious solution: Gold-diggers.

14. mixedmedia

mixedmedia ...

I tried to join harmony once and I spent an hour taking their stupid fucking surveys only too be told: 'we're sorry, but we don't have any matches for you.' Judgers.

• Like Like x 7
  15. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

Maybe you need to get out to more "just social" situations before tying to date people you don't know anything about other then what they wrote on a dating sites profile page. I don't have much time to get into everything I'd like to say but it's sounds like you're lonely to the point a simple date stresses you greatly. First meetings and first dates often suck. Who here doesn't regularly have a friend call 10 minutes into their first date on a regular basis as an "out" if needed?

Go get into more normal social situations, join a group that engages in something you enjoy. maybe even a bible group, sounds like church is a big part of your life. Join a discussion group on a topic you enjoy. Whatever, just get out and don't be in the "alone" place that seems to be consuming so much of your thoughts.

Involve yourself in more social and you'll evolve into a more social creature.

Best of luck dude.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Levite

Levite Levitical Yet Funky

No suitable matches for you?! I had no idea there was such a shortage of awesome, smart, and sexy-- since you deserve to be matched with what you are.

No, wait, actually, I did know that. Yeah, you really are out of luck, aren't you?

17. MeltedMetalGlob

MeltedMetalGlob Resident Loser Donor

I had a nymphomaniac tell me she just liked me as a friend. I also had a hooker tell me, "honey, I don't need the money that bad."

Um... I was trying to cheer you up, bro- but if I go any further into my past it's gonna be wrist-slittin' time for me. Just follow whatever everybody else said.

*pulls out cyanide pill, gazes wistfully at it*

• Like Like x 5
  18. KirStang

KirStang Something Patriotic.

Why the fuck was I tagged in this thread?

As for OP: Go on more dates. Think less and be yourself. Be genuine. Bitches love genuine people.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Anonymoose

Anonymoose Vertical

Well, I took Plan9's advice about telling her I had a good time (except through text). Oddly, as soon as I did she called me and invited me to come hang out with her and two friends! Had a good time and it was cool to meet new people. I don't know if she likes me or not after tonight, I was still my awkward self, but I made them laugh occasionally. Even if she doesn't like me as more than a friend I feel it's a bit of confidence boost. They asked where we met and she seemed embarrassed to tell them it's a dating site. She left a little early and I stayed with the other two for a bit. She did text me later and said she had fun and hoped I enjoyed myself too.

I don't know what's in store for me. I guess I just have to see where it goes. I know you guys say not to second-guess myself but I feel like I'd feel bad for her if we became a couple because there's so many better guys out there, and I just don't know how to take care of a woman. But if all else fails, it'll be a good stepping stone.

• Like Like x 6
  20. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Abandoned with her friends, ya say? Did you feel like her friends were sizing you up or that she was trying to ditch you politely?

And say this with me: There is no better guy than me. Even if you don't believe it, you've gotta fake it to make it out there with people.

Also: women aren't aliens, they're human beings. Be considerate and communicate clearly, just like you would with anybody else.

You got this.

Because I need more of your dorky GI Joe lawyer self in my life.

/bromance'd!

Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
    • Like Like x 3