1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Need a quick response regarding dating!

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by Anonymoose, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Anonymoose

Anonymoose Vertical

Well, we were at a hookah lounge. I think she just had enough of it for the night and she was out till 4am the night before, so I think she was genuinely tired and needed rest. It was a bit more awkward hanging out with the other two alone, ha. They're not really the type of people I'd hang out with, generally, but they were kind enough. One of them sent me a FB friend request as I was leaving, so that may be good.

I truly think I'm an awesome, funny guy. I don't have to lie about that. Except, I don't feel that way at all with women or dating. So I will have to work on faking that part.

2. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Hey, funny is good. And funny is enough. Everybody loves funny. Funny is all I got going for me, really... and look at my life!

*obvious piles of happiness and success litter the room*

Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  3. arkana

arkana Very Tilted

My good man, whatever are you talking about?

Tonight I went with one of my best friends to a choral music concert. Mad game. I carried her newborn son in a sling. Guys, if you have the choice to borrow a friend's baby or pet in order to attract female attention, always choose the pet. People will assume you are the father and you are off the market LIKE THAT! Besides... she took the baby off me at one point and all attention was directed at him.

Plan9 Do we need to start curating a point-counterpoint style dating advice thread?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

My-my, I do believe so! In order to put my best foot forward I'm going to ready this tome of knowledge as my reference.

5. Levite

Levite Levitical Yet Funky

^^This.

Everyone responds positively to self-confidence. You don't want to go way overboard, because no one responds positively to egotism. But self-confidence is key. You have to cultivate it for success in dating, in business...in pretty much anything that involves interacting with another human being.

A word of advice: if you're really feeling chained by your inhibitions, and like you just can't figure out how to get self-confident on your own-- take acting classes. Good ones. Method acting, preferably Meisner method, or Stella Adler. And at least one improv class. Even if you end up having next to no actual theatrical talent, it will be good for you in terms to learning techniques.

I'm an introvert by nature, myself, so I get how interacting with others-- especially women-- can be hard. And it wasn't even easy to get myself into acting-- I had to really push myself outside my comfort zone. But it taught me to find self-confidence, and to deal with different and unexpected situations, and it helped me develop some mastery of quick talking. I don't mean literal speed, but witty repartee. I'm also not the best-looking guy out there, so I get feeling inhibited with women for that reason, too. But we non-handsome types have to develop compensatory abilities. Nothing in life will serve you better than these three skills: pleasant self-confidence, skillful witty bantering, and a facile tongue for oral sex. So heed my advice: take acting and improv classes, try to feel positive about yourself, study some female anatomy and sex manuals, and do tongue exercises daily. I kid you not. You would not believe some of the hotness this big ol' hairy Jew has gotten with, just by being respectful, polite, self-confident, witty, and a crazy-strong-quick-tongued cunnilingus machine.

But start with self-confidence.

• Like Like x 6
  6. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

...and I just woke up my current girlfriend laughing.

Levite, I really need a big alabaster bust of you in my living room.

"Who's that guy?" "Him? Only the smoothest, horniest poet in the world."

Also: Today I learned that single Christian girls meet-up at hookah bars.

/Pop-Up Video bubble

• Like Like x 2
  7. arkana

arkana Very Tilted

Yikes!

What does it say about me that the "phone call rule of 3" reminded me of that Star Trek where Data programs the number 3 into his memory so that when he sees Riker's command pips he busts out of the time loop?

• Like Like x 4
  8. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

...that you need to be holding a lot more of your friends' pets.

*rimshot*

I could totally do a dating thread. I was actually thinking about copy-pasta rewriting the original Plan9's Getting Girls 101 thread into a masterpiece of pickup artist satire.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Levite

Levite Levitical Yet Funky

Thanks, brah.

And as long as your girlfriend's up....

10. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Sure, go ahead. I've got a match in a few hours. I'm beat.

• Like Like x 1
  11. mixedmedia

mixedmedia ...

Nope, no harmony for me. Guess i'll have to settle for chaos and casual anal sex with other misfits.

• Like Like x 1
  12. mixedmedia

mixedmedia ...

I meant to quote levite's response. Now it's just laying out there like a conspicuous slutty anecdote.

• Like Like x 7
  13. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

If you guys need me to be the Karl Pilkington of this thread, I can do that.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

No worries. We're all sluts down here.

15. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

I think he's secretly smarter than those other two bozos from his show.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Cwtch38

Cwtch38 Bat Shit Crazy

I think it would be great to do a dating thread. I've been on over thirty dates with plenty of freaks .... Uuuuugh I mean fish. Got loads of stories advice and experience now . I think I may have just found a good one :) so I'm seeing how it goes :)

17. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

The majority are freaks or cold fish, it's difficult to find a normal if you're going beyond the fling.
    Because they don't write their shit on their foreheads...and most of us aren't psychic.

Dating is like finding a job, it's a volume game.
    You throw your hat out there for as many that seem doable to you. (meaning you could survive and hopefully stay long-term)
    You just keep interviewing until they sign on the dotted line.

18. Anonymoose

Anonymoose Vertical

You know what's weird? On the site I gets tons of "winks" and messages from girls in other countries, mostly Southeast Asia (Indonesia, Philippines, etc). I've talked to a few of them through Skype and they seem pretty genuine, at least just in talking and telling me that I'm cute. I've maybe been told that by like, 4 women in my entire life here in America. Makes me wonder if it's just the exotic'ness of me being a white guy to them, and not necessarily being short/boyish-looking as the girls see me here.

Levite, I will keep the acting classes in mind... Seems like the polar-opposite of what I'd do, but I know that was the point.

19. PlaysWithPixels

PlaysWithPixels Getting Tilted

I don't do dating sites....

You said you were lonely and didn't have many friends. Have you thought about joining groups? If you're joining a christian dating site, I'm guessing you're into the church? They usually have quite a few groups you can become a part of.

I recently joined meet-up. There are Christian single's meet up groups in most cities. Or particular age groups and they have large events where you can meet other people who share your interests. I'm taking part more as networking. I've been to a few photography meet-up events and the other day was sushi. I'm looking into getting into a beer group. I've also joined a few forums that have local members and with basketball season in full swing, I've become more active that way.

• Like Like x 1
  20. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Careful, some are looking for a bridge to the "other side", a way out.
    While this is not as manipulative as a gold digger, there's still an underlying agenda.
    I'm not saying all are like this, just something to be wary of.

• Like Like x 1