1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Need a quick response regarding dating!

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by Anonymoose, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Indigo Kid

Indigo Kid Getting Tilted

...and be sure to ask her if she tithes or not. No really. Some people are very devout and that could be a buzz-kill.

Just saying. Oh and good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  2. rogue49 is right. What some people would do for a western passport. Be wise with your choices.

Ill add that if you decide to take an indonesian girl, there's a good chance you'll be asked to change religions. In your situation i think its ironic if you ask me.

• Like Like x 1
  3. *Nikki*

*Nikki* Slightly Tilted

Good luck to you OP.

4. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

Tits win.

I do not know how that applies here.

Good luck

• Like Like x 6
  5. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

Some Asian advice:

1) Beware of winking ladies from Southeast Asia.
    2) Never get involved in a land war in Asia.
    3) When dining on street food in Asia, always carry imodium.

There is a reason so many white men move to Asia and never leave. The economics of getting laid are all out of whack. Just about any white guy (and I mean *any*) can get some action. Action that will make you feel like Robert Pattinson at a Twilight convention. It's like tospy-turvy world. The streets are lined with fat, aging white guys with Asian love goddess draped across their arms.

But there is a price to pay and it usually involves entire families, indentured testicles and a not a small amount of dark matter.

Play safe.

• Like Like x 3
  6. spindles

spindles Very Tilted

I just want to quote this one for emphasis. Amongst the obvious comedy of this thread, this is a pearl of wisdom. I would've put it as "I'm ok. There is nothing wrong with me". I think I was (badly) married the first time before I realised that I'm better looking than I thought I was, was smarter than a lot of people etc.

Have confidence in what you are!

7. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

I'm apparently making a habit of only quoting the obvious answers in this thread. This is as glaringly obvious as *Nikki* 's first post in the thread.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Although I'm three and a half decades removed from such things, here is my $.02:

Get out of the house and into situations where you can start building a network of friendships. Take a class, join a club or church group or volunteer for community events. Give yourself time to relax into the environment and let your personality work. I had more relationships evolve from group get togethers than I ever did from actively pursing someone. And, the women I did spend time with were nice people and we shared common interests. Eventually, QW and I found each other. We've been married for over 33 years.

I'd trust this path over dating site roulette.

• Like Like x 6
  9. SirLance

SirLance Death Therapist

Well, let's put it this way. They aren't actually from another planet. They just act like it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

• Like Like x 3
  11. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

You can't hate me, I'm going to be the bridesmaid at your wedding.

12. CinnamonGirl

hahahahahahahahaha....wedding. You're a funny guy.

13. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

Would ZombieSquirrel be the best man, or have you killed and dismembered her in this scenario?

14. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Actually, in this romcom? Uh, ZS and I are both hammered, end up screwing in a coat closet and switching our dresses. Since we're both wearing dresses, y'know.

Oh, and Billy Idol shows up a priest to give Eden a peptalk. Using his most-righteous fist pump, of course.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Random McRandom

Random McRandom Starry Eyed

I sooooo need to be on whatever you're on.

No, really.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Somehow you'll look better in the dress and I will be very pissed off...leading to my intoxication and hate-fucking of you.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Pretty sure you already are: testosterone, adrenaline and a 7th grade public school education.

Squats and rows, lady. That and I don't think I've ever hatefucked anybody... I've gigglefucked and boredfucked but never hatefucked. I'll have to work on that one.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Anonymoose

Anonymoose Vertical

I appreciate the responses, guys and gals.

Well, it didn't work out. Haven't heard from her since, and she put a new picture on her profile and had like 9 guys add her to their favorites. I deleted my profile.

I think I'm done with trying to date. At least before this I was just depressed, lonely, and sad but I could make it through the day and repeat the process. But even going out with this girl, date or not, I've been having an ill-feeling in my stomach. Sadness before has turned into crying now. Loneliness before has become wanting and waiting for her to text me or wait for some sign of acceptance. I've felt worse these two days than I have in a long time, and I just don't think I can handle it again if this even goes away.

Some people are just meant to be alone, and I have to learn to accept that and be thankful I got the opportunity to be alive.

19. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Bullshit. Unacceptable! You get back on that site immediately. Rejection is part of the toughening process that will allow you to become the kind of person that will attract the right kind of woman for you.

That and look at MeetUp.com for local activity groups. Seriously.

Fuck being grateful for being alive; that was just given to you and thus has no value. The only things that have value in life are the things that you go out and earn.

Nobody is meant to be alone, they just end up that way because they haven't found their drive yet.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
    • Like Like x 5
  20. CinnamonGirl

To quote from a bad 90s TV-show: "If you've never been hurt, you're either very lucky or very lonely."

Look, man. Some chicks dig awkward and nerdy. If we all stopped dating after one date that didn't work out, no one would ever date.

• Like Like x 2