1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Netflix device

Discussion in 'Tilted Gear' started by Zweiblumen, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Zweiblumen

Zweiblumen Slightly Tilted

My Minix U1 (Android box) got fried the other day.
    So I need to find a good replacement for it. The main criteria is that what ever device I get it has to support Netflix properly (had to use a hack to get NetFlix on the U1).
    All ideas welcome, except Apple TV.

2. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

We use my daughters Wii. Funny thing is she has never used it for anything other than netflix

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. Zweiblumen

Zweiblumen Slightly Tilted

Thank you for that idea, I have a Xbox and it runs Netflix, even better than the Minix

• Like Like x 2
  4. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

I have been using an old Roku because we can't use the Tivo to do it since we don't have HD televisions.

I like the Roku a lot.

5. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

We just got an apple TV thing. And, I'm not an apple person AT ALL. I have to give it a little credit, though. It works pretty well. It decodes really fast and can handle the 4k streaming from Netflix better than our 4k TV. Add in the soundbar and the couch was vibrating like a ride at Universal Studios during the move we watched last night with an atmos audiotrack.

Other than that, our TV has it built in but we've used the Roku as well and it hung in there mostly.

6. martian

martian Server Monkey Staff Member

If you have Android devices otherwise (phone or tablet) a Chromecast is great for Netflix. I use mine for that all the time. Your handheld devices morphs into a sort of remote. You pick your content and it streams to the TV. It's simple and great.

I have no idea how well it plays wit iGadgets, though, and things that aren't Netflix can be hit and miss. Sometimes they work great, sometimes, not so much.