1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Netflix Instant Viewing Suggestions

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by lionrock, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

I am working my way through Alias. I didn't watch it when it was first released. It's not bad. Just watched a first season two part episode staring Quentin Tarrantino - I doubt he'd get a chance to do something like that today.

I had no idea that Bradley Cooper was in it.

2. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

I'm trying not to binge on Californication. I'm on the second season.

3. Charlatan

That's on my list to attack next.

I haven't been binging too much, so it might take some time to get there.

4. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

I recently watched Sin City, twice with a four day break in between, previously I'd only seen it in bits & pieces, never from start to finish. I never got into comic books or graphic novels, even though many are very well done. Pretty entertaining movie.

5. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

It's never too late! V for Vendetta is a great graphic novel to start with; it's different enough from the movie to make it interesting, but having watched the film will give you good context. It's what I typically recommend for n00bs. My book club read it last year, and even people who were hesitant about reading a graphic novel enjoyed it.

6. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

I love me some Cure! And I was listening to the soundtrack just yesterday.

I'm finally maybe going to start Breaking Bad. There. I said it.

7. snowy

Be ready to be depressed.

8. martian

martian Server Monkey Staff Member

The first half of Sword Art Online is good. The second half didn't captivate me so much.

Noragami is in my list of things to watch but I haven't gotten to it yet.
    --- merged: Sep 10, 2014 at 4:52 PM ---
    Breaking Bad gets just painful to watch after a while. Like, I want to know what's next, but then I'm going to just go stare at a wall and maybe cry a little.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  9. snowy

That's a good way to put it.

10. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

I have watched the first five episodes of the first series of Breaking Bad and it is compelling. Watching him lie to his wife about minor crimes to cover up doing awful felonies really draws you in.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

I just started "Rescue Me." s'alright.

12. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

I've been watching the seasons of Primevil they didn't show on BBC America.

13. Speed_Gibson

Ooh, thank you for mentioning this show. Never heard of this before, and I do enjoy these type of shows even with the evolutionary angle they always have in them.

14. redravin

It's fun, just don't hold out for the science part too hard or you'll be disappointed.
    You get the feeling that at some point there was a science geek who really, really wanted everything to be accurate and at some point they just threw the scripts up in the air and stomped out of the room.

15. Speed_Gibson

Much like Lost in Space. The TV show not the film which I did enjoy in the theatre and watched again recently on my VHS copy. Watched some of an episode on ME Tv the other night helping a client retire for the nght and it was so awesomely cheesy. I had forgotten just how good it was with Jonathan Harris playing the conniving greedy Dr. Smith, the robot with the useless arms that should get stuck on anything with more than a 5 degree incline or ONE step, or how good Zorro was laying the dad.

16. jerseyboy Vertical

I believe Good Eats is on Netflix. Memories of food network before it turned to crap.

• Like Like x 1
  17. snowy

It is! It is not the whole series, but rather a selection. We watched episodes on baklava and cupcakes yesterday. I'm definitely feeling ready to make some baklava this Christmas.

18. redravin

It's not on Netflix but I also have Amazon Prime and they have 'Jekyll'.
    Moffits take on the Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde story is uneven but a real kick in the ass.

19. Charlatan

Gilmore Girls is now on Netflix. What a treat.

I have also been re-watching Angel. There were so many episodes in the first two seasons that I missed. I had no idea.

20. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Sometimes, @Charlatan, you say the most wonderful things...

• Like Like x 2