1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Never saw it... and probably never will

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by cynthetiq, Feb 17, 2018.

1. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

What is a movie that everyone saw that you didn't and probably never will?

At the minimum state the name of the movie and reasons why you didn't or won't watch it. If you can, post the trailer also.

Titanic - I felt too burnt from The Abyss. I was all excited by the CGI and storyline and then I saw it and was majorly disappointed. Add to that it was a love story and not an action type movie it completely lost me. =

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e-eXJ6HgkQ

Braveheart - Mel Gibson and Lethal Weapon 3 just turned me off to his follow up movies. It took Ransom and Conspiracy Theory to get me back to liking him as an actor and Lethal Weapon 4 became a must see. With his later anti-semetic laced and drunken antics I just can't seem to find a reason to watch him anymore. Oh and what the fuck SIGNS!!!! Hated that movie too.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMft5QDOHek

2. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

@cynthetiq, I haven't seen either of those. I not much of a movie goer.

I wanted to see Darkest Hour, but it ended here before I could get off my lazy ass to do it.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  3. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

I'm not a movie person, not a sci-fi/sci-fantasy fan. Hence I'll probably never see Avatar.

The intense (over)hype is also a factor.

Maybe if I score it on DVD for $1.00....or less.

4. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

In the past...I've seen tons, movies that many would have not seen. (anyone remember GORP? or Americathon?)
    These days...there's lots I miss. (La La Land....not)

I would have never thought I would have seen Fifty Shades of Grey or the sequel...or potentially the 3rd.
    Had no interest...
    But recently, I kicked it out...because my GF wanted me to see it...so I could go see the 3rd with her.

There's tons of Woody Allen movies that I could care less about, like Annie Hall and such.
    I'm not likely to see any of the Saw movies or the like.
    I don't like gore for its own sake...I more like thrillers. Gore doesn't bother me, if there's a reason...hell, I've seen it for real in the hospital work I did. But I don't like it for "entertainment" just to get off on it.

None of the Madea movies, hit my funny bone...

And the funny thing is...I go to the movies often, have the Ultimate Package of every channel on FiOS, Netflix, Hulu, etc...
    But I've become much more choosy.
    My DVR is full...but it takes a certain "mood" for me to watch one thing or another.

Other movies I'll watch again and again and again, ad nausem ...without hesitation. Hidden Figures, Notting Hill, Blues Brothers, Scott Pilgrim, Dune, etc...but there is no trend or pattern. It's just what hits me and what's on.

5. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

All three of the Fifty Shades movies, for a whole bunch of reasons.
    The Dom did a great job of tearing the books and the movie to shreads.

• Like Like x 1