1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

New Desktop PC

Discussion in 'Tilted Gear' started by Remixer, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Of course, silly.

2. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Yes. There are still a number of applications that call for the use of a desktop. In my home, they are gaming and working with engineering computational software.

3. Stan

Stan Resident Dumbass

Ya, there's even a few of us that still build our own.

Laptops are usually a generation behind in performance. For some applications, that matters. In my case, running 2 24" monitors at the highest possible resolution takes more video HP than a laptop video card (chip) could manage.

• Like Like x 1
  4. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  5. OtherSyde

OtherSyde Slightly Tilted

Oh haha no I'm a retard, my motherboard doesn't even have IDE connectors LOL... Even my DVD-R drive is SATA.
    [​IMG]

6. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Hell yeah.

7. OtherSyde

OtherSyde Slightly Tilted

I'll admit I played WoW briefly while I was at a tech school in Pensacola, Florida, although mostly as a contrived diversion to keep me out of trouble; I had a Prot-Spec Paladin and ultimately got to Level 51 and a half before I left, and just really never started it back up when I got home; I think I lack the attention span and/or resolve to play the MMORPG genre as a whole, I just don't like the resource-collecting or the level-grinding, and I'm terrible at teamwork and social stuff so I could never grasp the concept of "raids." I do like to watch how they upgrade the graphics though, since it always bugged me that the characters looked like exaggerated caricatures, or wide-eyed painted dolls with facial expressions that never or rarely changed or blinked - it made their in-game cut-scenes more comical than dramatic (granted this was like 2009).

I'm much more of a fan of the whole shooter/RPG combo genre, like the Deus Ex and Mass Effect series, and I'm such a graphics whore - it's really the only reason I bought/played Crysis 2. But I guess if I want to crank up the graphics on Crysis 3 I'm going to have to upgrade my GPU again :( Well Crysis 3 is more than just graphics, as this comprehensive review clearly shows: