1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

NFL 2011 discussion thread

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Redlemon, Aug 12, 2011.

1. ace0spades

ace0spades Slightly Tilted

So, does anyone actually give two shits about the Pro Bowl?

2. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

I don't, but I barely watch football.

3. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

Well I think it's a giant #2... that count?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Random McRandom

Random McRandom Starry Eyed

Pro Bowl? Wtf is that?

;)

5. uncle phil

uncle phil Moderator Emeritus (and sorely missed) Staff Member Donor

i'll leave one...

• Like Like x 1
  6. EventHorizon

EventHorizon assuredly the cause of the angry Economy..

nope. but it's one more way to procrastinate from homework so why not?

7. I like it.

It's a mess of athletes who normally play against each other.

Dalton has replaced Brady. Love Dalton. Hate Brady. Although Dalton does have Graham, it'll be interesting to see if he plays well with others.

8. paddyjoe

paddyjoe curious

they might as well be wearing a belt with two flags.....

• Like Like x 2
  9. MuteyTheMailman

MuteyTheMailman Vertical

I actually don't know which team I hate more, the Pats or the Giants. I'll watch the game, but don't really have a dog in this fight at all.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

Id like to see the giants win only cause they normally beat up on my colts. I really don't have a dog in the fight either. My wife likes it cause of the commercials.

11. I hate bill belicheck so much. Still not over Eli's little Draft stunt.

So yeah, don't care.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

The only reason I'll be cheering for the Giants is because they were my team pick for who I played as when my brother picked the Cowboys as a kid.
    So it's just a childhood loyalty thing.

13. drr1212

drr1212 New Member

It's a great event....the only sporting event that is nationally televised and somehow has attention drawn to it, yet, the people in the crowd would rather be on a beach, since they're in Hawaii, the players would much rather be on the beach, because, well, they're in Hawaii, and the refs/production crew, they'd rather be on the beach, because, well, they're in Hawaii. It's as if the game itself is an inconvenience.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Random McRandom

Random McRandom Starry Eyed

I just can't cheer for the pets under any circumstances..so I'll have to go with the Giants.

It sucks being a Miami fan. :(

15. uncle phil

don't like the pats, don't like the jersey giants; i'm just lookin' for the numbers in my pools...

16. roachboy

roachboy Very Tilted

snippy snippy bitter bitter people.
    for example, like styx, miami has sucked since the 70s.
    and the bengals? really?

but i feel your pain. i also vaguely follow the eagles. they are the most frustrating team in all of sports.

i am concerned by the loathesome giants, btw.

17. I don't think I want to be your friend.

A) you were mean to STYX. B) you were mean to the bengals.

I have a sad. I thought you were cool.

• Like Like x 1
  18. roachboy

roachboy Very Tilted

you were mean about the patriots. i am indifferent about the bengals. i do not understand why the patriots do not throw to ocho. maybe there is a connection.

styx has objectively sucked for a very long time. mister roboto? i saw a long clip of that tour not long ago. wow. just wow. they arguably sucked before mister roboto, too. but there is room for beverages and discussion about that. i will, however, qualify what i said above by saying that the dolphins have sucked more than styx since the 70s.

19. uncle phil

20. roachboy

roachboy Very Tilted

there's been an amazing upsurge of hatred for the patriots lately. truth be told, i have trouble getting too worked up about football and even more about a team named as unfortunately as are the pats. but it's kinda fun being around boston at the moment. even so, the wave of hatred is quite something. my sporty alienation of the day, however, followed from the revelation that tim thomas is at best a paulbot and at worst a teabagger. THAT stung. and i don't watch hockey.