1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

NFL 2011 discussion thread

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Redlemon, Aug 12, 2011.

1. THE PATRIOTS ARE KNOWN CHEATERS! Suuuuuure everyone does it, but damn they dumb and got CAUGHT!

:p

2. But, he's right about the Tim Thomas situation. What an ass!

3. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

Hey used to like them until they got caught cheating.

4. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

Im sure they still cheat, they just more caution about it.

5. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

I'm sure a lot pro sports team cheat. But when you get caught you should pay the price. Ill O'Cheat got a slap on the wrist (likely not even his wrist, more like the organizations) and a walk. Pete Rose got caught gambling, not even on his own team and was banned... for life. When folks get their hand caught in the cookie jar the punishment should be severe enough to make others think about their want of such a cookie.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Random McRandom

Random McRandom Starry Eyed

I find it interesting that a pats fan is talking shit about other teams sucking for so long..

I mean..yeah..the patriots have been awesome forever apparently. :rolleyes:

Oh.. btw, undefeated SB champs. That's right..Miami did the one thing the awesome models from New England couldn't do despite how amazing, brilliant, pretty, and coddled the pats were. Suck it.

7. roachboy

roachboy Very Tilted

i find it odd that people can find a way to moralize about professional sports (either at the nfl or college levels ). i suppose its the theater of a world in which rules matter and authority wears funny stripey shirts and governs with a certain white-hat gravitas brought to you by all your favorite corporate sponsors. but even that...

the pats haven't sucked this century so much. i'm merely oriented pointing it out, gs.

8. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

The Eagles are the most frustrating team in sports?! THE EAGLES?!

I present for your consideration, sir, the experiment in disappointment known as the Chicago Cubs.

But this is a football thread. Of course everyone is going to have an opinion. 'Tis the nature of sports - any otherwise complete moron can have a well-studied and thoughtful opinion on the subject. The Pats have a lot to attract negative attention - a coach who doesn't give a shit what anyone not directly involved in the running of the team thinks, a quarterback who's very good (not to mention good looking, married to a supermodel and has another kid by a different supermodel) and a fan base that's as annoying as the Red Sox but somehow not as loveable.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Random McRandom

Random McRandom Starry Eyed

It's refreshing to see a Cubbies fan admit the disaster.

The Eagles aren't the most frustrating team in sports..they just have the most frustrating coach. Time to move on Andy.

10. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

I'm only admitting disaster over the past 103 year (or so). This is The Year. Just like it is this time every year.

If we're going for "frustrating franchises", I'll submit the St. Louis Rams since not only do they suck but they're probably going back to LA and the Cleveland Browns for the reason that they haven't been the same since John Elway had The Drive (or whatever it's called).

• Like Like x 1
  11. roachboy

roachboy Very Tilted

i am in transit, but suffice it to say that the eagles occupy this position because year after year after year they should not suck but somehow find a way to do it. at the same time, i did over-reach. i remember a position not unlike that of cubs fans. then Things Changed. so it's possible. hell, the patriots were for most of the afl period the team other teams that sucked looked to in order to feel better about themselves.

12. ace0spades

ace0spades Slightly Tilted

I wish for nothing but bad things to happen to Michael Vick. It makes it easy to hate the Eagles. I agree that cheating should be punished harshly. I'm also the kind of person who thinks people who commit academic dishonesty should be expelled on first offence. However, this doesn't mesh with the money-making business that post-secondary institutions have become. It's much the same with the NFL and other sports. Can't afford to lower the ban hammer on members of the hottest team of the 21st century, even if it is arguably the correct thing to do in order to deter said cheating. This also assumes people care about "the purity of sport", which is a joke of a concept. In other news, old ace0spades yells at clouds.

• Like Like x 3
  13. SuburbanZombie

SuburbanZombie Housebroken

*throws gas on the fire

Maybe it was a slap because all the NFL teams do shit like that, but the Pats got called out for it by a disgruntled former employee who was working for a coach that had team envy.

*runs away

14. I'm still bitter about the Pete Rose thing....

• Like Like x 1
  15. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

Didn't Rose get told several years ago if he came clean and admitted to it the comiss. would reconsider. Rose did and admit and was basically told "yep, I reconsidered and my answer is still no, but thanks for playing."

Seems like I remember something like that.

On the issue of the SB I doubt I'll even watch... just don't care enough about it or the teams plus I can download the Ads later.

16. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

Gearing up...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  17. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Did you make that?

18. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

Will it still be edible on Sunday?

19. Almost too cute to eat

The pro bowl made me giggle!!! I especially loved watching the extra point kicks. Brees is no Flutie though.

20. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

I don't think I've watched a Pro-bowl in at least 8... maybe 10 years. Just seems pointless.