1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

NFL 2014 season thread: The good, the bad, & the ugly.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Chris Noyb, Aug 10, 2014.

1. cis689

cis689 Slightly Tilted

[insert crappy cell phone pic here]

WHODEY

photo1a.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  2. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Uhh...I think Atlanta won...geez. I think that counts as ugly. ;)

3. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Yeah, and the Bucs only offensive TD should've been negated by (flagrant) offensive pass interference. I see that TJ Yates likes to throw one of Schaub's favorite passes.

4. Chris Noyb

The Texans imploded yesterday, everyone knew it was going to happen sooner or later. I can undestand the offense sputtering without Foster and with Fitzpatrick being forced to throw more. What I don't understand is why the defense didn't play better.

The cowgirls cameback from 21-0 :mad: .

The 49ers lost (Aren't they supposed to be the next great team?). For some reason this makes me feel better about the Texans losing.

In the end the worndown defenses couldn't hold, but at least the Seahawks managed to win. If the Broncos had won the coin toss for OT I'm 93% convinced they would've scored a TD to win it. Is it my imagination, or does Poutin' Peyton keep his helmet on more when his team is losing or is in a tight game? Maybe someone told him he looks like a crybaby when his team is losing.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

hated to see the broncos loose, espically in OT, but in true manning form he had a great 4th quarter comeback

what was the deal with the fight in the redskins game?

• Like Like x 1
  6. cis689

cis689 Slightly Tilted

How about them Cowboys... Gosh I need a new team.

7. ralphie250

yes yo do. lol

• Like Like x 1
  8. cis689

cis689 Slightly Tilted

Because that big lug came over and took a cheap shot at Foles and put him on the ground (after the play was over)

9. ralphie250

oh, i didnt see it just herd about it

10. Chris Noyb

Hopefully the cowgirls will play to match the quality of their inept GM. The cowgirls fans around here were true to form: They didn't don their 'girls gear until after the win, being the little bitches that they are.

• Like Like x 1
  11. cis689

cis689 Slightly Tilted

I don't care for JJ one bit. :p

12. Chris Noyb

I have have a friend that was a cowgirls fan, & about three years ago he gave up on jackass jerry. He won't support the cowgirls until jackass turns the team over to a GM & coach and let's them run the show. The thing is jackass jerry most likely won't do that until he is no longer physically and/or mentally able to 'run' the team. Some people would say that he's currently not mentally able to run the team.

jackass jerry got off to a bad start in Dallas with the way in which he fired st. tom. I loved it, the asshole iceman received the same treatment he gave veteran playes when he cut them. The jackass redeemed himself by hiring the other JJ, who turned the team into SB champs. But then jackass got his feelings hurt when JJ wouldn't acknowledge what a great owner jackass was (he wasn't and isn't).

What amazes me is the large number of cowgirls' fans who seem to forget that the 'girls haven't done much in the last 21 years. They can tell you how great the cowgirls were, but they manage to block out 21 years of mediocrity.

I hope that jackass jerry continues to run the team for at least the next 21 years the same way he ran it for the past 21 years. What would have me ROTFLMAO is him trying to move the team out of Dallas and out of Texas. I can dream.

EDIT: My dislike of all things dallas cowgirls (the cheerleaders are OK) borders on psychotic hatred. I want the the oganization to have many decades of disappointment, to the point where the past glory days are forgotten by all except NFL historians.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  13. cis689

cis689 Slightly Tilted

I couldn't have said it better myself. It has been a LOOONG 20yrs too! Jimmy Johnson was one of my favorites! JJ doesn't care if he wins football games as long as he continues to sell tickets to the rodeo. One of his biggest issues that pisses me off (one of many) is that he makes stars out or players before they earn that title. Shit if I was paid millions before I produce I wouldn't bust my ass either. Joke!

14. Chris Noyb

I had mixed feelings about Johnson. I liked him because the Hurricanes twice stopped the Sooners from winning the national title, but I couldn't root for him as HC of the cowgirls.

He also made a star out of Jason Garrett before JG was ever a HC. While I don't think that Wade Phillips was ever a good HC, I did feel for him knowing that jackass was waiting for the chance to fire him. Many HCs work with their heir apparants, but not many have the GM following them around with a large axe. It backfired because by the time JG became HC all of the other teams knew what the 'girls offense was going to try to do.

• Like Like x 1
  15. cis689

cis689 Slightly Tilted

Yep, no one wants that job.... Not a fan of JG either, guy doesn't know one thing about a 2 min warning. :p

16. Chris Noyb

Are the Giants for real?
    Are they back to being a playoff team?
    Are ass kicking victories over the the Redskins & Texans something to get excited about?

I don't know. The Giants can look great early and fall apart. They can look lousy early and then storm into the playoffs with momentum. I'll take the Giants having a good season if it means more misery for the cowgirls (only two playoff appearances in 21 seasons, IIRC).

Four games into the season. Which teams have surprised you the most?
    Off the top of my head.....the Falcons & the 49ers.

17. ralphie250

the saints have surprised me by being 1-3

18. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Washington Potatoskins...mark one down for "ugly" :eek:

19. Chris Noyb

The Texans weren't exactly overwhelming, but a W is a W. Bills fans will scream long & loud about the non-call (yes, the defensive pass interference was very obvious) on the last minute pick, but I see it a make-up call. I guess it's OK to hold Watt on many plays and dive into him while he's on the ground.

How about the Lions, eh. 3-1 is a pretty good start.

Now I just need for the cowgirls to lose tonight.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
  20. cis689

cis689 Slightly Tilted

I am happy the Saint's didn't want to play last night :p