1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

NFL 2014 season thread: The good, the bad, & the ugly.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Chris Noyb, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

I bet that Rob Ryan, F/K/A fat hippy, was pretty miesrable.

The worse thing is my heart is pulling for the Texans, but my brain says no way they'll beat the cowgirls. I can hope!

2. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

I think the Patriots are beaten by the red coats...
    Or it's the New Englanders outplayed by the Indian chiefs...
    :rolleyes:

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  3. cis689

cis689 Slightly Tilted

My thoughts exactly! That guy seemed like a big doofus when he was in Dallas. I will comment on JJ in a positive way, I think him demoting Morris Claibrone was a good move (however he is out of the season now) but at least this move should send a message to the other guys that they NEED to produce!

4. Chris Noyb

Perhaps a good move, but not one in which jackass jerry should've been involved. My (limited) understanding is those decisions are usually made by the coaches, not the GMs. But we all know who really coaches and/or controls the coaches the cowgirls organization.

5. Chris Noyb

I'm looking forward to the Falcons @ Giants, both teams have played surprisingly well. This game should reveal which team is for real.......unless both teams are for real and it's a hard-fought close game. If the Falcons' defense can harass Eli into playing poorly the Falcons should win easily.

The Texans are showing some improvement, but they aren't ready for the cowgirls. I hope that I'm wrong.

I have no sympathy for the Patriots. They were poised to be 'the next dynasty.' How the mighty hath fallen!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  6. cis689

cis689 Slightly Tilted

Yeah, I am not a Tom Brady fan and enjoyed watching the Chiefs hand them an ass whoopin' -

Cowboys - Texans SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY - I guess we'll see which team decides to show up.

7. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

im courious to see how harbough faires in san franscisco at the end of the year

• Like Like x 1
  8. Chris Noyb

I don't know anything about the 49ers ownership and how much power their GM has, but I don't see Harbaugh going anywhere unless the 49ers completely implode, like the Texans and Falcons did in 2013.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    EDIT: My former nickname for Rob Ryan had nothing to do him personally, overweight people, & hippies. He was a high-profile coach on a team that I despise, hence the derogatory nickname.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
  9. Chris Noyb

Shit.

First & foremost, congrats to the 'girls for winning, they made some incredible big plays to get the win.

At least the Texans played tough and forced OT. I'll call it a moral victory. I was surprised that the Texans mounted a comeback to tie it, don't have much faith in Fitzpatrick as come-from-behind QB.

In the other big matchup, which wasn't aired locally, the Giants won. I have no idea how the game actually went.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ralphie250

the falcons D didn't show up, and Pierre-Paul had Matt Ryan's number.

11. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

What a huge victory for my Bills.
    I don't think that EJ Manuel will be off the bench any time soon.

12. ralphie250

proablly not

13. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Between MNF tonight and the bye week, I'm going through Seahawks withdrawals.

14. Chris Noyb

I'll get to see the Texans Thursday night, but I'm not happy about the short week. If the NFL and the networks want the $$ from Thu night games, they need to figure out a schedule that doesn't involve only three days between games. And I don't think that the "long week" following a TNG makes up for it.

15. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

I actually think that the 9ers have to make a strong playoff run or he will be out. He's a good Xs and Os guy, and works magic with QBs, but everyone hates him. The GM and ownership hate him and now his players are starting to hate him. If they don't at least make the playoffs (if the playoffs started today they would NOT be in) and get at least one victory I think he will be gone. Rumor has it that a few other teams are interested in him and have offered to trade picks for him, like happened with Jon Gruden when he went from Oakland to Tampa. There is also a decent chance the Michigan job could be open this winter, or would become open if he was available.

16. ralphie250

im not sure he would go back to the college level, even though michigan would be a good choice for him.

17. cis689

cis689 Slightly Tilted

It's time to lose this weekend however :(

18. Chris Noyb

The Seahawks.
    Cool.
    Should be a loss for the cowgirls.
    Any loss by the cowgirls is a good loss.
    Unless a cowgirls' victory helps the Texans playoff chances.
    Which most likely won't be an issue any time soon :(.

Seriously, this game will be a good test for the 'girls. If they play tough and keep it close, folks will have to consider them to be "for real." The problem is the cowgirls have given their fans false hope many times over the last 20 years.

19. cis689

cis689 Slightly Tilted

Many Many times, and I really hate that. I much perfer if they just suck! Much easier to watch games :p

20. Chris Noyb

In Houston most Texans fans still wear Texans gear even if the Texans lose.

Most cowgirls fans here only wear cowgirls gear when the 'girls win. If I could push a button to send the loud and obnoxious 'girls who don't live in/near Dallas fans to hell or Detroit (flip a coin) I would.