1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

NFL 2014 season thread: The good, the bad, & the ugly.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Chris Noyb, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Why the Detroit hate?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

A joke in poor taste. I've been influenced too much by Jim Abrahams, Jerry Zucker, & David Zucker. From now on I'll refrain from making any more Detroit jokes. FTR I actually pull for the Lions, I like to see underdogs do well.

------------------------------------------------------

Fess up, how many of you who started watching the Colts/Texans game switched channels after the first quarter, if you even waited that long? I confess: I picked up a book during half-time and didn't pay much attention to the game until midway into the fourth quarter. Fortunately replays on TV make it easy to follow a game even if you don't actually watch the game closely.

Moral victories are nice as far as they go, but unfortunately the heartbreaking losses take a toll. I'm very interested in seeing how the Texans do when Clowney returns to the starting lineup.

Some WTFs:

Giving up 24 points in the first eight minutes, then holding the Colts to nine points for the next 52 minutes???

Relying on the running the game when down by 24 points??? Actually this made sense--in retrospect, not so much at the time--given that the Colts huge lead allowed their defense tee off on Fitzpatrick. Which paid off huge near the end of the game. If the Texans had tried to rely mostly Fitz' passing game things could've gotten even uglier.

3. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

i almost changed the channel, but i didnt. i was glad to see indy win, jj watt is the shit. he has more tds than most wide recievers and running backs. fitzpatricks beard looks hidoius. i was expecting a typical thursday night blowout game. glad it wasnt.

is it just me or are they trying to make an example out of adrian peterson

4. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

Seahawks are trying to lose this game against the cowgirls.

• Like Like x 1
  5. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

*sob*

6. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

embarrassing

7. ralphie250

and they did a good job at it

• Like Like x 1
  8. Chris Noyb

Oh bloody 'ell!

Bad news--The cowgirls beat the Seattle Seahawks in Seattle, and did so by playing solid football. If the Hawks special teams hadn't had a couple of big plays (the blocked punt was legit, the fumbled punt return was a fluke) the girls would've won easily.

Really bad news--The cowgirls appear to be a legitimate 5-1 team.

Giants fans were wondering if the Giants were for real. Apparantly they're not. The Eagles do appear to be for real. Will the NFC East boil down to the girls v. the Eagles?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Chris Noyb

I'm glad to the Browns playing well for two reasons. 1. Ben Tate may never be an "elite" running back in the NFL, but his gutsy efforts with the Texans in the 2013 season earned him a lot of respect. 2. They're winning without playing little johnny. The downside is if another team needing a QB makes a really great offer, little johnny could end up being a starting QB with another team.

What's going on with the Falcons?

10. ralphie250

not real sure, yesterday the wide recievers couldnt catch a cold, the defense secondary couldnt stop anything. living in atlanta the falcons arent my #1 team but i do root for them. people here are calling for mike smiths head if the falcons dont have a winning season. alot of the oline areout hurt.

11. ralphie250

hate the tie rule in the nfl

• Like Like x 1
  12. cis689

cis689 Slightly Tilted

I love it!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Chris Noyb

Yeah, yeah :p . We'll see if the cowgirls can maintain it all season. I wouldn't mind seeing the Eagles yet again spoil the girls playoff hopes. I've always liked the Eagles, going back to the Will-Cunnigham-be-the-hero-or-the -goat? days. I didn't like Reids inconsistent coaching (it really does help when the HC knows how to manage the game clock in close games).

• Like Like x 2
  14. ralphie250

15. cis689

cis689 Slightly Tilted

WHODEY (except the Pats)

16. Chris Noyb

Hey, quit stealing the Saints' fans saying :D!

It seems that the cowgirls are no longer "America's Team." Finally, twenty-one years of mediocrity has caught up with them.

• Like Like x 2
  17. cis689

cis689 Slightly Tilted

I am just waiting for them to fall apart, I sure hope the trend continues. I am not trash talking at all however, maybe if they win the NFC east championship I'll start :p

18. ralphie250

the falcons have a better chance of winning the NFC east than the saints

• Like Like x 1
  19. Chris Noyb

I'm also waiting for the 'girls to fall apart. The sooner the better :D.

Go Eagles!!

• Like Like x 1