1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

NFL 2014 season thread: The good, the bad, & the ugly.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Chris Noyb, Aug 10, 2014.

1. cis689

cis689 Slightly Tilted

That's gonna be a game right there!

2. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

I've been wanting one of the cool Eagles caps for a while because I like the designs. If the Eagles keep the 'girls out of the playoffs, or stop them in the POs, I might just buy one......mainly to pissoff 'girls fans :D.

3. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

• Like Like x 1
  4. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

Where did big Ben come from this week

5. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

I love my Bills and of course wanted them to demolish the Jets but I actually felt some empathy for Geno Smith in yesterday's game. He played the worst 10 minutes that I have ever seen an NFL QB play, and I've lived through some real doozies in the past.

6. Chris Noyb

I guess that Rothlisberger (I'm not going to look up the correct spelling) decided that Brady should'nt have the spotlight. Even though a Colts' loss theoretically helps the Texans, I have a hard time rooting for the Steelers. Hard to believe the Colts pulled to within eight points.

Like most Texans fans I'll take 4-4 at midseason, but the fact is they could've easily been 5-3. Giving the game to the Steelers last week was painful. And it seems to have woke up the Steelers.

Glad to see the Lions get another win.
    The Seahaks managed a win, an ugly win, but still a win.
    The Eagles slipped. Which is tuly unfortunate because they need every win they can get to stay with the cowgirls.
    Ben Tate had another good game for the Browns. EDIT--No he didn't, but he did score a TD.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  7. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

MNF is turning into a nail biter.

8. Chris Noyb

And the right team won!!
    In front of all those cowgirls fans.
    Which is a good thing since the Eagles lost on Sunday.

I hate the cowgirls, but not at the expense Romo's career.

9. Chris Noyb

I knew it without even seeing the game*, and now news reports have confirmed it--It was indeed jackass jerry who made the decision to put Romo back in the game. If fools gold garrett had a backbone he would've stoop up to jackass jerry and said "No."

Please, please, please let jackass jerry continue running the cowgirls for the next 21 years the same as he has for the past 21 years.

* OK, OK, so did everyone else who was even mildly interested in the game.

• Like Like x 1
  10. cis689

cis689 Slightly Tilted

I'm with ya buddy, Weeden should have fishined it out...

• Like Like x 1
  11. Chris Noyb

Even though I wanted the 'girls to lose, I don't want it at expense of a players career. Romo was injured, and Weeden earned the right to finish the game. He lead the comeback to tie the game. If Weeden had any doubts about his role as a 'backup QB only' with the cowgirls they have now been removed.

I know quite a few 'girls fans who have had enough of jackass jerry. Some folks are saying jackass has gone too far this time and the NFL brass needs to do something. What, exactly, is the question.

12. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

How much of a role did Jerry Jones play in Romo coming back in

13. Borla

Probably very little IMO. No one reasonable can question Romo's toughness. Dude has played with broken ribs and a collapsed lung. It would've been very tough to keep him out if he could walk.

14. Chris Noyb

There's a report on the 'net--for what that's worth--that jackass jerry was the one who told garrett that Romo was OK to go back in. It certainly seems that jackass wanted Romo back in.

If the garrett had said no, which he should've done, Romo wouldn't had have much choice.

A stupid decision regardless of who actually made it. Sometimes you lose a battle to win the war. Why take such a chance with your starting QB with eight games left in the regular season?

15. Borla

It almost sounds like you let your heart impact your opinions on this stuff @Chris Noyb . ;) :p

• Like Like x 2
  16. Chris Noyb

I think that jackass jerry's heart said the 'girls HAD to beat the Redskins, while his brain should've been telling him don't risk further injury to tomo, let Weeden finish the game. It's well known that jackass jerry is the de facto coach, and fool's gold garrett is his puppet. Any head coach worthy of the title would look at the big picture.

Since many cowgirls fans live in the distant past :p........Jimmy Johnson had a reputation for zero tolerance for slackers. What would've his reaction been? Risk his QB even without pressure from jackass, or consider the rest of the season? Ignore jackass? Tell him to fuck off?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have the Steelers woken up? Or are the actually as bad as some "experts" were saying?

17. cis689

cis689 Slightly Tilted

and so it begins..........:(

18. Chris Noyb

I'm torn. I wanted the Texans to win, but at least the Eagles moved past the cowgirls. Now they just need to stay ahead of them. The Texans' already weak secondary lost two starters early, I surprised that Foles didn't put up some huge numbers.

Mentioning huge numbers, Roethlisberger (I looked it up this time) threw for six touchdowns for the second week in a row.

Poutin' Peyton put up huge numbers, but the Broncos only scored 21 points......the same as the Texans :eek: :D.

How far will the 49ers fall?

Last but certainly not least: Thank you, Cardinals!!

Edit--With, Chris, instead of will? Jeez.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
  19. Borla

Foles didn't put up huge numbers at least partially due to the fact that he broke his collarbone in the first quarter. That's going to put a damper on one of my fantasy teams. :(

• Like Like x 1
  20. Chris Noyb

Thanks for the info! I didn't know that, I haven't yet read the game summaries.

EDIT--Duh, me!! During the game I was commenting on what a lousy QB Sanchez is, I don't know where my brain is this morning.
    --- merged: Nov 3, 2014 2:16 PM ---
    The Texans seriously need their bye week.
    --- merged: Nov 3, 2014 2:30 PM ---
    I just took a look at a couple of the schedules.

I can't see the Texans finishing with even a decent record....unless it's compared to their 2013 record.

The cowgirls could finish with an overall decent record, but maybe (hopefully) not so great in the NFC East.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2014