1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

NFL 2014 - Weekly Picks

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by rogue49, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

You are correct, I misread @Popeye 's picks and thought he got 3 right with the rest of the mob who did so, and misread @Chris's as well. Guess I should've had more coffee before posting. :) Congrats to him. :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Just when my mood starts improving slightly (no thanks to the Detroit Kittens :mad:) I come in sixth....and last....if I'm reading Rogue's report correctly.

3. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Hey, it's all about the fun and the challenge...and for me, finishing up a season.
    The post-season is always just as puzzling as the beginning of a new regular season.
    The dynamics are different, pairings are strange...and the players' minds are being twisted. (you in the BIG time now, baby!!)

As you've seen, it's a back & forth to get those scores down, much less make the picks.
    The pro odds-makers got the same numbers as you this past week.

Worse comes to worse, vote your heart...or just spit the pick out.
    You know what they say, "Any given Sunday..." (and hell, you're not just playing on Sunday now. ;))

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
  4. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

well I'll take it, however guys I thought I only got three wins...must've been the points...looking forward to week 2 of the PO's. anyone have an idea if A.Rodgers is going to have that leg cramp injury? seems like he's had enough time off. and will there be an injury report?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Borla

@Popeye is correct @rogue49 (and so was I ;) ) about him only having three wins.

Unless Pittsburgh won a rematch? :p

• Like Like x 1
  6. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

That's right I picked Pittsburb and shuddered in my chair screaming at the tv as the Ravens shut down their offense all the wat to the 3rd qtr without so much as a touchdown. also lost some money on that game. So Congrats goes to @Borla, good job dude. ( next weeks coming ):mad:

7. "Are you KIDDING me?"
    DamnitBengals.JPG

She's learning that it's difficult to be a Bengals Fan.

• Like Like x 5
  8. rogue49

Yes @Borla you were correct and wrong too (re CN's)...and so was I. (why don't we say everyone was wrong & right, just to keep it even)

Dammit, I checked everyone's twice...but ended up somehow having a '1' there instead, which added to his win total.
    Friggin' computers...it did to @ralphie250 also. Both had an extra 1 within a different cell that shouldn't have been there.

But @Popeye is still the winner.
    Since he has the lowest total score (174), nearest the week's real total (170)

Ralphie is brought from the tie at the top...to the back pack.
    And because he said 196...the order going from 170 - @rogue49 , @ZombieSquirrel, @grumpyolddude , @ChrisNoyb and @ralphie250 respectively.

So, Chris...you didn't come in last after all, that honor goes to Ralphie. (sorry, sir)

...And I will go back to being trained by the same refs of the Detroit/Dallas game. (muffed delayed call and all that :rolleyes:)

-----------------------------------

Just for clarity sake....corrected

• Like Like x 2
  9. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

Well shit.... Oh well, at least being last i can only go up from here

• Like Like x 1
  10. rogue49

Ok folks...here we go
    Division Playoffs - Postseason week 2

Remember to pick the winner and the total score for EACH game

Saturday, January 10
    Baltimore @ New England - 4:35 PM EST NBC
    Carolina @ Seattle - 8:15 PM EST FOX

Sunday, January 11
    Dallas @ Green Bay - 1:05 PM EST FOX
    Indianapolis @ Denver - 4:40 PM EST CBS

• Like Like x 1
  11. ralphie250

Saturday, January 10
    Baltimore @ New EnglandX - 4:35 PM EST NBC 56 POINTS

Carolina @ SeattleX - 8:15 PM EST FOX 49 POINTS

Sunday, January 11
    Dallas @ Green Bay - 1:05 PM EST FOX 63 POINTS
    Indianapolis @ DenverX - 4:40 PM EST CBS 55 POINTS

• Like Like x 1
  12. Chris Noyb

Going against my better judgement, and the fact that today might turn out to be sort of OK (my MIL is supposed to return home to the ALF where she lives, I'll be calling after 8:00am to verify the details, and hopefully driving up there later this morning), here goes:

Postseason week 2

Remember to pick the winner and the total score for EACH game

Saturday, January 10
    Baltimore @ New EnglandX- 4:35 PM EST NBC.....47 points.
    CarolinaX @ Seattle - 8:15 PM EST FOX.....44 points.

Sunday, January 11
    Dallas @ Green BayX - 1:05 PM EST FOX.....58 points.

Indianapolis @ DenverX - 4:40 PM EST CBS.....54 points.

I don't like the Patriots, it's time for them to go away, but I also don't like the Ravens.

The Panthers? Seriously? IMO they're the biggest question mark in the POs.
    But I smell an upset.
    And it would be nice to see some 'new' teams in the POs.

The Packers are going to have to play extremely well because the 'girls have momentum.....even after the squeaker win over the Kittens. Hopefully the Packers coaches will do a better job than the Kittens coaches.

I probably don't give the Colts enough credit, especially on defense. They looked good on both sides of the ball against the Steelers, but the Broncos should expose the Colts smoke-and-mirrors defeciencies.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    --- merged: Jan 6, 2015 at 8:12 AM ---
    @ralphie250, you forgot to pick a winner for dallas @ Green Bay
    ;).

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  13. ralphie250

my bad, Green bay

• Like Like x 2
  14. Borla

Saturday, January 10
    Baltimore @ New England X - 4:35 PM EST NBC 48 pts
    Carolina @ Seattle X - 8:15 PM EST FOX 40 pts

Sunday, January 11
    Dallas @ Green Bay X - 1:05 PM EST FOX 53 pts
    Indianapolis @ Denver X - 4:40 PM EST CBS 54 pts

• Like Like x 1
  15. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

--- merged: Jan 6, 2015 at 7:32 PM ---
    well I'll still take the win even if its on points, here's what I see. Mannings last year ( maybe ) and he knows all the Colts reads. That man has his mind on one more ring. A. Rodgers has the skill and determination to pick apart the cowgirls defense, and Romo will again fold, I think J. Jones makes more money when they lose. I just don't believe that Seattle will repeat. History is against it. and the Ravens are hungry for the win where everyone expects the Pats to dominate, serious upset here? Or the underdogs going to demand some respect on both sides of the ball. good luck to all of us.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Chris Noyb

Cool :cool:.

@POPEYE, the current Playoff Picks King, has also picked the Panthers.

Edit--jackass jerry doesn't care about the $$ as nearly as much as the personal glory for himself(Look at what I did! Look at what I did! Did you see what I did?).

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  17. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

Yep its going to be a realty, even at the Hawks home, this is their farewell 2014 game. :cool:

18. I have stopped caring

19. rogue49

But are you going to play this week?

20. Chris Noyb

I pretty much no longer care--with the exception of my psychotic hatred of the cowgirls :mad:, and hoping that the Panthers continue to upset 'better' teams--but I'm curious to see if I can move up from next to last :( in the playoff picks. Now that the wildcard games are over, which eliminated most of the 'weak' teams except the Panthers, homefield advantage is huge. But that can be misleading because the 'better' teams that are left can win on the road.

• Like Like x 1