1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

NFL 2014 - Weekly Picks

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by rogue49, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Sigh. I know you guys can't handle this without me......I think I will choose the team based on whether or not I like their QB.

Saturday, January 10
    Baltimore X @ New England - 4:35 PM EST NBC 45 pts
    Carolina @ Seattle X - 8:15 PM EST FOX 40 pts

Sunday, January 11
    Dallas @ Green Bay X - 1:05 PM EST FOX 48 pts
    Indianapolis @ Denver X - 4:40 PM EST CBS 47 pts

The Seattle/Carolina is the hardest as both are delicious.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Saturday, January 10
    Baltimore @ New England X - 4:35 PM EST NBC 47
    Carolina @ Seattle X - 8:15 PM EST FOX 39

Sunday, January 11
    Dallas @ Green Bay X - 1:05 PM EST FOX 53
    Indianapolis @ Denver X - 4:40 PM EST CBS 54

193 total points

• Like Like x 1
  3. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

One of those home teams is going to lose.

If I only knew which one.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Seattle. They're going be looking past the Panthers because......it's the Panthers.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Borla

My guess would be the Packers. Rodgers is hurt and hasn't practiced. He'll almost surely play, but his timing and mobility are likely to be off. Dallas has a very solid O-line and running game, which is the best way to beat Green Bay in GB. I'd put Denver second, just because Manning doesn't seem to be himself the last 5-6 weeks, and Luck is capable of a crazy performance. I'd put the Pats third. They've been very good, but the Ravens seem to play them as well as anybody.

However, if you are correct, I'll bow to your prognostication and give you three @ZombieSquirrel style compliments. :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chris Noyb

I'm pretty sure that I can live without three "@ZombieSquirrel syle compliments." :p

And please don't jinx the Packers. I seriously can't handle seeing any more cockroach cowgirls fans crawling out of the woodwork.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  7. bobby

bobby More Than Slightly Tilted ! Donor

SeaHawks will win...guaranteed xoxoxoo

8. Chris Noyb

Guaranteed? Meh.

I'm going with a strange feeling about the Panthers @ Seahawks. If I were asked to put $$ on it, I'd keep my wallet locked.

9. Borla

Another board I'm on has a fake currency. Everyone starts out with say $500. Moderators can set up threads where you can wager your fake cash on the outcomes of sporting events, using accurate Vegas odds. Occasionally there will be contests (like our pick em league) where the winners get more cash. If you go completely broke, the board defaults and gives you a small sum, say $25 or $50 to get going again. When you have enough people involved it gets fun. And if you lose, who cares? If you win, all you really get is bragging rights.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Chris Noyb

That could be fun. If nothing else, it would encourage people to "bet" with their brains not their emotions, and perhaps follow the stats, injuries, etc. a little closer.

• Like Like x 1
  11. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Really? I thought it would be Denver of the home teams that would slip...against Indy. (for current trends playing and dynamics)
    Indy showed strong and played as expected, last week.
    And Denver's not perfect and unstoppable either.
    Baltimore is sketchy, Carolina is definitely inconsistent and Dallas didn't show up until the end...on some bad plays the opponent made. So I don't know about any of them.

I'm still looking into everything and will likely put up my stuff tonight.
    But as they say, We'll see.

12. Borla

Denver is close behind Green Bay, but I'm worried about how mobile Rodgers will be and whether the Dallas running game will keep him off the field.

Stupid me, I just had a thought that I should've recommended before the playoffs started. Now that we are down to four games, we could've let people make "confidence" picks as a tie breaker. Oh well, maybe next time.

13. bobby

bobby More Than Slightly Tilted ! Donor

[​IMG]
    Beast Mode delivers a "BEAST QUAKE".........Go Hawks
    xoxoxoo

• Like Like x 4
  14. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

so you like luck better than manning?

15. I chose Flacco over Brady
    Russell over Newton
    Rogers over Romo
    and
    Manning over Luck.

I don't hate Luck, but I hate Romo and Brady.

• Like Like x 2
  16. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

Hey that's my man Popeye!!!! However guys I think A.Rodgers resting up is a good thing and let us not forget that the expected frigid weather is more in favor of GB. it was my initial thought to pick all the home teams, but there always is an upset.....Go Ravens

17. rogue49

Saturday, January 10
    BaltimoreX @ New England - 4:35 PM EST NBC - 49
    Carolina @ SeattleX - 8:15 PM EST FOX - 40

Sunday, January 11
    Dallas @ Green BayX - 1:05 PM EST FOX - 43
    IndianapolisX @ Denver - 4:40 PM EST CBS - 60

Ok, I'm going to put my money where my mouth is...and make my pick for Indy vs. Denver...and most of matchups have gone to Indy...may Luck be on my side.

And I'm going for Baltimore...NE doesn't do well vs. them in the post-season.
    Besides, it's nice to be on side of the local team.

I'm throwing a long bomb for the grand play. ;)
    Do or die.

And good news is the gang's all here. :cool:

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  18. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

Well good luck to everyone this weekend and here's hoping I pull off another PO win;)

19. rogue49

So close... :(

20. Chris Noyb

Even though I picked the Patriots I would 've been happy to see them lose. They've become hubristic.