1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

NFL 2014 - Weekly Picks

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by rogue49, Aug 3, 2014.

1. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

a great battle all the way to the end

2. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Well, my feeling about the Panthers winning was wrong, and the Seahawks played extremely well in all aspects of the game.

I do not want to see the Patriots in another SB.

3. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Hell yeah they did. Go Hawks!

<3 Kam Chancellor.

4. Chris Noyb

Hey, just a minute there, you're not even making any picks! :p

At one point I was thinking that the score was misleading if you took away the pick 6+1, but then I remembered that the Seahawks could've added a score, possibly a TD, a FG at least, in the closing minutes.

• Like Like x 1
  5. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Damn straight, I was right on the Colts :D ...Baltimore was so close ...so close to perfect.

From what I've been seeing on our score totals trending after two weeks, we seem to be overestimating their points for the most part.

I seemed to have come out ahead as the winner of the front pack this week. :cool:
    No one scored perfect, as Indy surprised most of our pickers.

There was a 4 way tie at the front, with 3 win picks between myself, @Borla , @grumpyolddude and @ralphie250...with me happening to have stumbled on the closest to the actual real-life sum. (192, 193, 195 and 223 respectively)
    Then gunning for 5th, was the head to head at 2 wins between @ChrisNoyb and @ZombieSquirrel ...and ZS gets the best of CN, her being a bad-ass with some serious infectious chompers. (180, 203 respectively)
    Finally, @Popeye comes in, taking it easy after the 1st week's post-season win.

Going to start getting interesting next week, as there's only TWO games.
    And four REALLY good teams...no "no brainers" I think.
    Could be anyone's game.
    Pick those scores well. :confused:

Sunday, January 18
    Green Bay @ Seattle 3:05 PM EST FOX
    Indianapolis @ New England 6:40 PM EST CBS

Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Congrats, @rogue49! I was really expecting a higher scoring game in Denver. The way Indy shut down Manning & Co. was rather impressive. Can they pull the same trick against the Brady Bunch?

• Like Like x 1
  7. rogue49

Thanks Dude...actually, I think they do...they've got the momentum and NE didn't seem to have all the pistons running always vs. Baltimore. So Indy's got a good chance.

8. Chris Noyb

My next to last finish has eliminated me from the playoffs. I'll see y'all in the 2014 NFL thread.

9. I only really need Indy to win. I would be happy with either a Green Bay or Seahawks win.

It's going to be the fucking Pats again. I bet Belichek had drones this season. Fuck him..

I really don't care. I don't care so much, that I am going to let @borla pick for me.

Will he lose on purpose or give himself a second chance to get it right?

10. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Somebody is drunk early...

11. Totally sober....for now

If you agree, you forfeit your right to ask for me to say nice things...which I didn't do yet for the last round:

1. He doesn't remind me of Brady
    2. He doesn't remind me of Belicheck
    3. He doesn't remind me of Romo.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  12. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

Sunday, January 18
    Green BayX @ Seattle 3:05 PM EST FOX 38 POINTS
    IndianapolisX @ New England 6:40 PM EST CBS 49 POINTS

• Like Like x 1
  13. Borla

Okay. For my picks:

Green Bay @ Seattle X 3:05 PM EST FOX 43 points
    Indianapolis @ New England X 6:40 PM EST CBS 51 points

For @ZombieSquirrel's picks:

Green Bay @ Seattle X 3:05 PM EST FOX 45 points
    Indianapolis X @ New England 6:40 PM EST CBS 53 points

• Like Like x 2

14. I see it's quite similar to your own pics with only a slight deviation in points. I double checked them to see how likely those scores could happen...they will work.

Go Colts! Brady can suck my dick!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Borla

I flip flopped the winners in the second game.

I have the highest confidence in the Seahawks winning, so I picked them for both. I *think* New England will win, so I picked them. But I see the Colts having a decent chance, thus the change for your picks. I also put my points a little below what Vegas is guessing, and yours closer to what Vegas is guessing.

• Like Like x 1
  16. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

Sunday, January 18
    Green Bay @ Seattle X 56 PTS 3:05 PM EST FOX
    Indianapolis X 66 PTS @ New England 6:40 PM EST CBS

ok so I fell asleep at the wheel this week and took some bad advice from a "player" at work. so now this is all me. Congrats to @rogue49
    and I didn't see the whole Denver lay down coming. I think Manning will be moving on elsewhere. good luck to everyone, but especially me....;)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Green Bay @ Seattle X 3:05 PM EST FOX 41 points
    Indianapolis @ New England X 6:40 PM EST CBS 53 points

A gimpy Rodgers vs a stout Seahawk D, Lynch/Wilson vs the Packers' D...
    Indy's Luck will finally run out

• Like Like x 1
  18. rogue49

Ok, here were go...I think Indy is going to keep its momentum going and Luck is finally going to find a way against the Patriots.

Sunday, January 18
    Green Bay @ SeattleX 3:05 PM EST FOX - 40
    IndianapolisX @ New England 6:40 PM EST CBS - 42

Going to miss @ChrisNoyb and his locker room smack-talk, but I respect his decision to bench himself. Can't play when your head's not in it.
    Rest of the first string QBs are here.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
  19. Chris Noyb

What the hell. I might as well keep punching even though the fight for all intents and purposes is over for me.

Sunday, January 18
    Green Bay @ SeattleX 3:05 PM EST FOX.......44 points.
    Indianapolis @ New EnglandX 6:40 PM EST CB.......48 points.

Green Bay is good, but Seattle has the momentum. And let's not forget that the cowgirls, who aren't as good as the Seahawks IMO, came very close to winning last Sunday.

All season I've referred to the Colts as a smoke-and-mirrors team, but didn't give their defense enough credit. My attitude is probably influenced by the fact they're a division rival of the Texans. But the Patriots are a very good team with a very good coach, which I have to acknowledge even if I am sick of their hubris.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Borla

Here we go!