1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

NFL 2015 Season Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Borla, Feb 19, 2015.

1. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

send lovie smith to Cleveland,

2. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

I don't think too many people in Chicago were shocked he was fired, it was more that they didn't have confidence in the Trestman hiring that followed. And it turns out they were right on that count.

I think Lovie is probably a very good man, I've always respected how he handles himself with media and the players. But I personally wonder if he isn't better served to be a very good defensive coordinator rather than a mediocre head coach.

I do feel the Bucs should've given him next season at least. But I also understand the argument that losing Koetter could be a huge blow to Winston's development. I really don't know the right answer here. Part of it is probably due to my mixed feelings on Winston. On the field he showed some really good things, and it looks like they are going all in on supporting his growth. That's good to see. But I still think he did some very bad things off the field in college, and I don't like that there was no accountability for it.

3. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Good luck to the Bengals today/tonight, they'll probably need some against the Steelers.

I wonder who the Bengals would rather face? The Chiefs, the better team who nearly everyone is picking to beat the Texans, or the Texans, the weaker team that seems to have the Bengals' number.

4. Chris Noyb

I forgot about Hoyer.

5. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

why did Houston allow Hoyer to play the full game? Looked to me like the Texans showed up to be the practice squad for KC.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chris Noyb

I think OB decided to see what Hoyer was made of. And the answer is shit. I think that he ended up with four interceptions and a fumble. A defender dropped what should've been a pick late in the game.

Hoyerable effort. Hoyerific loss.

---------------------

That was seriously painful. It does reinforce what has been said in Houston for two seasons--The Texans need a QB.

I'm tempted to blame the defense as well, but it did enough to give the offense a chance to get back into the game.

Painful.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Chris Noyb

WTF, Bengals?

It was yours.

8. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck mother fucking cunt shitter Fucking anal fisting shit stain god damn it fuck fuck fuck fuck.

9. Borla

They had to go and @ZombieSquirrel it up with the dirty hits.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Chris Noyb

The local sports media has to toe a fine line when criticizing the local teams.

Brian T. Smith with the Houston Chronicle pretty much says it all:

Somebody has some explaining to do after Texans' debacle - Houston Chronicle
    --- merged: Jan 10, 2016 at 1:10 PM ---
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know which is worse, knowing that my team (the Texans) wouldn't win by the middle of the third quarter, or watching two dumb-asses blow the game for the Bengals...even after the coaches told them not to do anything stupid. I don't blame Hill for the fumble, the strip was perfectly executed.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2016
  11. ralphie250

I thought it was shitty of the Cincinnati fans throwing this at Ben as he was being carted off the field

12. Chris Noyb

It was.

I walked in the door in just enough time to watch the Vikings kicker miss what would've been the game winning (in all likelyhood) FG.

13. Borla

Agree 100%. I see some people blaming Hill more than Jones or Burfict.

I compare it to this. Hill fumbling is like you loaning your friend your car and him inadvertently getting in an accident with it. What Jones and Burfict did is like your 'friend' stealing your car, street racing it while drunk, slamming it into a pole, lighting it on fire, then denying responsibility.

Let's not forget that Burfict has made an entire career out of this sort of thing, all the way back to college. At Arizona State he was an incredible defender, one of the best in the PAC 12................except he got 22 personal fouls for dirty/late hits in just 37 games. He was considered a top defensive talent................but went completely undrafted because teams feared his lack of emotional control and his violent temper. This game he lays a clear, late hit on maybe this year's best WR. He was fined almost $80k in just the last month for other dirty hits. He tried to wreck Roethlisberger's knee on a dirty hit in the last game against Pittsburgh. Last year he got fined for trying to break Cam Newton's ankle while Cam was lying on the ground, one of two times he got in trouble last year for trying to injure guys by twisting their legs after they were already laying on the ground. The year before he was fined for a defenseless hit on James Jones. He was fined before that for hitting a defenseless player in the groin. He has made it a PRACTICE to lay late and dirty hits on the opposing team's best player in blatant attempts to injure them.

That late, dirty hit? It's just who Burfict is, and who he has been every single year of his playing career. I do not hate the Bengals at all, and really had little vested interest in this game either way. But Burfict is a dirty player, plain and simple. Looking at his body of work I see no reasonable argument otherwise.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  14. ralphie250

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  15. As much as I hate Ben, I thought it was terrible too.

Reminded me of this:

16. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

It really, really was.

...I started to reply to some other stuff here, but it appears that I still cannot talk about this game without getting absolutely furious, and will therefore step away from the keyboard for a while.

• Like Like x 3
  17. This.

I washed mine and The Destroyer's Bengals regalia to be put away for next year. I am not at a point where I can even look at it. The Destroyer wanted to wear her Bengals sweatshirt today, like she wants to do every day. I couldn't let her knowing she will be ridiculed.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Chris Noyb

I'm still going to wear my Texans gear....but....they better get busy finding a QB.

19. I really thought that the goose egg was going to be the worst game ever.... Nope.

20. ralphie250

Quick like