1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

NFL 2015 Season Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Borla, Feb 19, 2015.

1. I'm a slow learner? You're the one who is constantly forgetting about my affinity for sharp pointy objects being lodged into the throats of big headed idiots.

2. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

No, no, no. You have to go for the brain, just like in The Walking Dead.

• Like Like x 1
  3. You are assuming he has one in that giant melon of a head.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Chris Noyb

We all have brains; some just function better than others.

And I'm not naming names :p.

• Like Like x 1
  5. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Well, I don't have the time or discretion to run it like last year...even though I really enjoyed it. (REALLY, the descriptions of who won or lost was fun...it wasn't just numbers)
    The gig I'm on now is more intensive & restrictive.

I don't mind who does it or how...I'd just like to play, if possible.

Although I will tell you, if you do manage it, I wouldn't be surprised if @ZombieSquirrel went after you for fraud & collusion ...and whatever else she could throw at ya.
    Would make Deflategate seem like a game of touch football. ;)

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  6. It's a boys club I tell ya.

7. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

I'm on my way, I Goodwill and Salvation Army one or two times a year to buy and donate more often

8. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Doug Baldwin got downgraded to Football Boyfriend 2 behind Jimmy Graham this season, who is new Football Boyfriend 1. Dougie is only maintaining his spot at the moment because he made a couple of good receptions last night. Richard Sherman is still my Football Best Friend. I admire his spirit. Even injured, he cheers everyone on.

9. Chris Noyb

This reminds me, I need to check to see if the Texans second preseason game today is on free TV.

Edit--7PM CT on our local ABC station channel 13.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
  10. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Sir @Borla , if you're going to be the one kind enough to run the TFP picks this year...then may I recommend creating a separate picks thread as a intro, how-to and gateway to whatever site/engine you're going to use.
    It will get lost in this bigger ongoing thread.

Especially as we get closer to the big day...and let players wander in.
    I've found it lets our spontaneous group be aware, focus and announce their intentions.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Official 2015 NFL Season Pick Em League thread. | The TFP

• Like Like x 1
  12. Chris Noyb

I know it's only the preseason, it's about player evaluations more than wins, etc.

Some complaints & obeseravations:

The Texans don't get the PI call on what certainly could've been a TD, yet the Broncos get a PI call to keep the drive alive which leads to the go ahead TD.

I wasn't impressed by Mallet or Hoyer. It appeared as though Savage was playing behind the 3rd string offensive line.

13. Chris Noyb

So Hoyer it is.......for now. Playing behind the Browns offensive line couldn't be easy, but even with that Hoyer's stats with the Browns suck.

OB came under a lot of fire for not getting a better quality QB via a trade, or taking a good prospect in the draft. The heat is going to get really intense if the Texans have another average season because the QB can't move the ball & score. Something tells me Randy Bullock is going to need to have an outstanding 2015 season.

14. I would like for the Browns to do well. I really would. Ohio pride and all. I just don't know why there isn't some sort of accountability in that franchise. I often wonder if the extreme loyalty of the fans is actually a detriment to the team. The fans will still show up, even if the team is terrible so why invest more money...

15. Chris Noyb

But the Browns have......Johnnie Football!

Who wasn't (isn't?) ready for NFL defenses. Who felt (feels?) that life is A Big Party when you're.....Johnnie Football!

Sarcasm aside, I hope that Manziel has a good career, but only after he's suffered enough to keep his ego in check.

Some people tell me I should have Texas Pride in the Dallas cowgirls. NFW.

16. Yeah, you get these "Gods of the NCAA" and they don't always know what to do when they're up against professionals.

I'm not even sure Dallas has cowgirl pride.

17. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

My grandparents & uncle were HUGE Cowboys fans back in the Staubach years, so I grew up liking them-- plus, Mom liked Kosar from his Cleveland days. Kinda strange to see how far the team has fallen from public favor since then. When I was a kid, NFL loyalty went Bengals, Cowboys, Raiders, in that order (Mom was a big Raiders fan, though I can't remember why at the moment.)

18. I vaguely remember a picture of you in some sort of Cowboys jersey...or shirt maybe?

19. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

Shirt, probably. I didn't have any Dallas jerseys. Little bro did, though (Aikman and...Emmitt Smith, I think.) There's a picture of us that was taken before he went to a Bengals/Cowboys game--he's in the jersey, I'm wearing my favorite flannel (because it was the '90s.) I'd painted his face for the game, so Mom captured the moment :)

I'll have to see if I can get a copy of that one the next time I'm home.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Chris Noyb

Actually cowgirl pride is strong in Dallas, in Texas, and even Oklahoma :eek:. But it's not what it used to be. After the last great Dallas team (did I just write that :(?) in the early to mid 90s, the cowgirls went through what is now a 19 year SB drought. That kept a lot of younger fans away from the blue & silver kool aid. I hope that the 'girls have at least 38 more years of mediocrity so that their fan base will continue to dwindle. Also so that I can trash the cowgirls unmercifully.

When the 'girls have a good season, their fans crawl out of the woodwork like roaches.

When the 'girls have a bad season, their fans hide in the woodwork like roaches.

I still remember the 'girls fans trashing the Oilers, and some of them trash the Texans. I associate the Dallas cowgirls--the owner, the organization, and their fans--with hubris. Yes, my extreme dislike of all things Dallas cowgirls, especially the fans who DO NOT live in/near Dallas, borders on psychotic hatred.