1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest!
The donation button is here.
https://goo.gl/aFggcs
Dismiss Notice
Guest, some new updates and fixes were done. Please let staff know if anything is funky or wonky!!!

NFL 2018 - 2019 Season

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Chris Noyb, Apr 8, 2018.

1. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

Fitzpatrick just may take winstons job

2. ralphie250

he reminds me of T.O. great player but his ego got in the way, and cost him some years in the NFL and lots of money

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & don't criticize.

Fitz is a yo-yo. He has hot games (a great one against the Titans when he was with the Texans) and winning streaks (a long one with the Jets, IIRC), but he eventually crashes, hard.

Winston was already on the 'you need to step-up, now' hot seat before his suspension and Fitz.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 13, 2018 at 9:09 AM, Original Post Date: Sep 13, 2018 at 8:54 AM ---
    The Ravens made him a reasonable offer that he should've taken. Some receivers age quicker than others, and I'm guessing that many teams are seeing a decline in Dez, even though he's only 29. Combine that with his ego, mouth, & attitude. At this point he might have to take a short term "prove it" contract for relatively small money...and might only prove that he has aged quickly...and hasn't learned to STFU.

4. ralphie250

aj green was on fire last night

5. Chris Noyb

The Bengals are off to a great start.

But are they still the same Bengals?

I say yes, as long as Marvin Lewis is HC. He should've been fired years ago (and forced to move at least 1,000 miles away from Cincinnati).

Jon Gruden and the Raiders. I think he's on his way to an epic failure. Unless maybe perhaps possibly he learns the difference between what not say as a HC and what's OK to say as an announcer. Some of his personnel decisions are headscratchers, but his public criticism of players will eventually backfire.

The Texans signed Shareece Wright. A player who can't keep a job with teams with lousy defenses. A player who at 31 isn't likely to have have a miraculous turnaround. A player whose decline over the past two seasons is well documented.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018 at 8:16 AM
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Chris Noyb

Not NFL...The Cougars & Red Raiders put on quite an offensive show. The final score is misleading, the Cougs scored a late meaningless TD. And blew recovering the on sides kick (another quick TD would've been too little too late).

Will the Texans bounce back against the Titans? Yes.

Will Vrabel's familiarity with the Texans give the Titans a chance to win? Yes, in theory.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Chris Noyb

Nice trick play, Titans, very nice.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Chris Noyb

Houston, we have some problems.

Conservative play calling. What say you, BOB? Need an OC to handle the play calling? Maybe let Fairbarn try another long FG?

Offensive line (which might affect the play calling). Was not seriously pursuing a top lineman, or two, during free agency a good idea?

Watson. Running that much time off the clock looking for a deep throw with no timeouts was inexcusable.

Clowney. Watson might have a weak excuse, you do not. Did you notice that your 15 yard penalty lead to a Titans' FG, and the Texans lost by a FG? And you weren't even playing? Can you spell dumbass?

9. Chris Noyb

Cardinals and Bills. The Bills might manage to put together a semi-respectable season if Josh Allen doesn't turn out to be an overhyped QB prospect. The Cardinals appear to be screwed.

Cowboys. Disclaimer: I hate all things dallas cowgirls. That said, the folks jumping for joy should curb their enthusiasm, their win over the Giants wasn't especially impressive. Call it a step, not a leap, in the right direction.

As a Texans fan, I should've rooted against the Jaguars, but I can NOT root for the Patriots. Brady can't play forever, and BB can't coach forever (right? right?). Impressive win by the Jags, but....we're not seeing the end of the Patriots just yet.

Fitzmagic. As in an illusion? I like the guy, but have seen this show before.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there! Donor

I knew this was going to be an difficult year for the Bills.
    Especially with a rookie QB.
    But I had no idea how bad the defense would be.
    We’ve got a top 5 pick coming our way and we really need it.
    Still positive on the future. I have bought in to the plan.

• Like Like x 1