1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

NFL 2019 - 2020 Season

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Chris Noyb, Apr 26, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

A big win for the Texlers PO hopes.

But yet another close win over a team that's somewhere around Above Average/Good. Also consider the ass kicking the Texlers received on Sunday playing an Elite team.

Maybe the ability to bounce back counts for something, but it doesn't make the Texlers better than Above Average/Good.

The issue I have is another PO appearance means another season for O'Brien. He traded away a large part of the Texlers' future. Hell, even Gaine could've worked out those ridiculously stupid trades. I hope that Tal McNair wakes up.....really soon.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 22, 2019, Original Post Date: Nov 22, 2019 ---
    This Sunday I'm going to be forced to

root for the

Patriots.

2. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

yes he fumbled, no it was not reviewed... why not? it was inside 2 minutes shouldnt it have been?

3. Chris Noyb

Under two minutes not automatically reviewed. The officials didn't see a clear defensive recovery so they didn't review it.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 24, 2019, Original Post Date: Nov 24, 2019 ---
    Damned Eagles suck.

Now I'm really pulling for the.......(gulp, gag)......Patriots.......over the cowgirls.

4. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

The Bills played their best game of the year today.
    I'm really excited for the Thanksgiving game against the Cowboys now.
    I hope they don't embarrass me in front of the whole family.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Chris Noyb

The game was a yawner, but at least the 'girls lost. So much for their badass offensive line (I'll look stupid if they were missing a lot of starters) and The Mighty Zeke!.

The Bengals can't buy a win. Time for a split, a fresh city and a new team.

6. ralphie250

Where the fuck did the jets come from?

I see the falcons are back...

Lions suck without stafford who the lions want to bench for the rest of the year

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

7. Chris Noyb

The Lions suck with Stafford. Sooner or later you have to see what the new guy can do, for better or worse.

The Raiders came back to earth, no surprise.

What's up with the Packers? Are they one of the top teams in the NFC, or not?

A few sports writers are reading quite a bit into some comments made by jackass Jerry. Is garrett finally truly seriously on the hot seat?

Supposedly garrett is interested in the Giants job should Shumur get fired. But the Giants don't want garrett to go to a division rival. That is NOT a reason to keep a mediocre coach; let him go be mediocre wherever he wants. I don't see garrett ever rising above mediocre. But Kubiak, & Dennison, somehow managed not to stop Phillips & the Broncos' defense, with some smart ball control from a fading P. Manning, from winning a SB.

• Like Like x 1
  8. fflowley

It will be interesting to see how the Cowboys react to Jerry Jones' jab at Garrett.
    Rally round the coach? Or start to fray as a team?

9. Chris Noyb

I'll guess implode. The offense has to be fed up with garrett's lack of balls in situations where they're needed. Egotistical Jackass Jerry needs to figure how to fire garrett without explaining why he kept him around so long.

The Rams have fallen hard this year, but they played as poorly as the Texlers did against the Ravens.

Jackson played 75% of the game, completed 75% of his passes, threw five TDs.....and had under 200 yards (165?). And around 90 rushing. Now the Big Question: What happens if Jackson gets injured?

Embarrassing for Wade Phillips. Is it time for him to take up fishing?

10. terryna New Member

Agree...[​IMG]

11. fflowley

If he gets injured they are toast.
    I think it's more interesting to ask, what if he doesn't get injured?
    Who can stop them in the playoffs?

12. Chris Noyb

Did I just see garrett clap for a meaningless 4th down fumble recovery? Seriously? The Bills get to his QB, strip the ball, and he claps? The 'girls recovery was meaningless. Trying harder to get fired?
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 28, 2019, Original Post Date: Nov 28, 2019 ---
    Great game by the Bills.

13. fflowley

SO, so proud of my Bills.
    I was watching that game with all my extended family. They have been busting on me for years for rooting for such a terrible football team.
    The Cowboys took the opening kick in for a TD and I cringed....got this sick feeling in my stomach that I was going to suffer a very long 4 hours watching them and being needled mercilessly.
    But they recovered and absolutely dominated as the game went on.
    That's our biggest win in many years.

Nervous and excited for the Ravens coming to town in 9 days.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Chris Noyb

An impressive win by the Bills.

It seems the 'girls aren't interested in saving garrett's job. One thing the sports writers and commentators are overlooking: While the HC gig might be very tempting given the 'girls overall talent level, the GM is a dick who also has control of the HC's job.

I'm more positive about the Texlers chances against the visiting Patriots than I would about the Bills against the visiting Ravens.

BUT the Patriots nearly always find a way to win. Maybe if Fuller is completely healthy, and Hopkins is ready to show his talents.

15. ralphie250

should be an interesting sunday

• Like Like x 1
  16. Chris Noyb

I wonder if Nick Saban has calmed down yet?

The fugging Eagles lost to the Dolphins. I guess the NFC East **will** eventually belong to the cowgirls. Sigh.

The Bengals won. Goff and Mahommes had big games.

Now can the Texlers handle the Patriots?

17. Chris Noyb

Texans 28, Patriots 22

What were the Texlers thinking, giving up a TD in 50 seconds? No hustle on defense. And then damn near letting the Pats recover the onsides kick?

Brady looked POd most of the game. What were they doing, taking over six minutes to get a TD in the fourth quarter? No sense of urgency at all.

Time to read the stats.

18. Chris Noyb

Stats can be misleading. The team stats would lead one to believe the Patriots won handily.

19. fflowley

Way to go Texans!
    I was only awake for the first half but Brady already looked pissed off.
    I do not think the Pats are the top team in the league, or even the AFC this year.
    Let's go BUFFALO! If we can beat the Ravens this weekend (would take a miracle I know) then the Pats game the following weekend gets real interesting.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Chris Noyb

The announcers talk a lot of meaningless BS, but also provide some interesting info. It seems the Patriots miss Gronk much more than most folks would've expected; their offense just doesn't click (and score as often) without him.

I still don't know what Crenel was thinking in the last few minutes, or Belichick in the last eight minutes. I'm sure the Pats fans will be questioning the leisurely pace.