1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

NFL 2021

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by fflowley, Aug 30, 2021.

1. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

the cardinals look good this year, now with the trade on friday for Ertz it will make their offense more explosive. Too bad he cant play this weekend

2. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

The Texans yet again totally sucked. I'm glad I had other plans ;) for most of the game.

Right now I'm rooting for -- gag, puke -- the Patriots to beat the cowgirls.

It seems the NFL knew about Jon Gruden as early as 2019 and did nothing about it. Any integrity the NFL might've had is gone. I would like to see exactly what Funny Man wrote.

3. ralphie250

That whole thing is a clusterfuck. I dont think the ramifications are over. I personally think they are going to pick and choose whose names they let out.

is it wrong??? yes, but why are they making a bigger deal of it than the deshaun watson thing?

• Like Like x 1
  4. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

Fair question.
    I think it's because they have concrete written evidence with Gruden.
    Watson, so far, all you have are lots of allegations.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Chris Noyb

Yes, Gruden put it in writing. One thing that the sports media is going to do is gradually ignore how long the NFL had the information. Back in 2019 the NFL had plenty of evidence against the Redskins management, and Gruden's emails were part of it. But it's the same NFL that gave Eli Manning a pass, after going after Brady full force.

6. ralphie250

Just odd that they waited so long to even mention the emails..... But you know that Urban Meyer was glad

7. Chris Noyb

Not NFL or even football:

Go Astros!!
    Their late rally last night was nothing short of spectacular.
    The win today wasn't as dramatic, but just as big.

Go Braves!!
    Last I checked the Braves were winning.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. ralphie250

They did. One more baby

rumor has it that the dolphins want watson

• Like Like x 1
  9. fflowley

If he really did some of the things he's accused of, then he needs to be punished.
    Make him play for the Jets!

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Chris Noyb

With Case Keenum at QB the Browns relied on their running game, but I'm glad that Case had a solid game.

The Braves got hammered yesterday, but they only need one more win.

As do the Astros, hopefully they wrap it up tonight. On that note: Fuck the Boston area sports media.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Chris Noyb

:cool:

Braves vs Astros World Series!!

:cool:

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. ralphie250

sam darnold looked like shit..

dan campbell so wanted that win

• Like Like x 1
  13. Chris Noyb

The Texans were yet again underwhelming.
    But several much better teams looked almost as bad.

The real Andy Reid is starting to show through again. Yes, his overall record is good, and he has a SB win. But many members of the sports media conveniently forget how many seasons his talent loaded teams underperformed because of poor coaching.

Mentioning sports media.....
    JJ Watt absolutely deserves credit for what he accomplished when he was young and healthy, and I hope he gets a winner SB ring. But please stop gushing over his current play. His injuries and age have caught up with Watt, teams no longer have to adjust their blocking schemes to cover him (OK, not as much as before).

Last edited: Oct 25, 2021
  14. fflowley

I was hoping for Darnold's sake, that he would be like Tannehill: Get him away from awful coaching and he would blossom.
    Not happening so far.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. ralphie250

There is still a chance he can,

• Like Like x 1
  16. Chris Noyb

Again not football, but 2021 World Series.

The Braves pitching bent but never broke. The Astros created situations where they could've scored, but ultimately failed to follow through.

I haven't heard an explanation as to why Dusty Baker stuck with Valdez so long. A huge mistake IMO.

17. fflowley

I think so too. It's too soon to give up on him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. ralphie250

He has potential. I just wish he had played better against the Jets.

Since Gruden got fired seems like the Raiders are on a roll.

Quite a few players on the Packers are not going to play tonight due to Covid, But i still think the packers will win tonight.

The braves pitching broke litteraly, Charlie Morton broke his fibula on a comebacker in the 2nd inning. Got 3 outs in that inning and struck out the 1st batter in the 3rd inning then the fibula finally gave up. That sucks... Go Braves..

Seens like J.J, watt is out for the season with a shoulder injury. He had surgery last night. thata a big hit for the Cardinals defense

19. Chris Noyb

This probably would've been Gruden's Win Or Get Fired season...which is now moot.

I like JJ Watt, he's a sincerely nice guy, and was a phenomenal player, but the wear & tear has taken it's toll on him. The Cardinals took a gamble signing him. It's odd that they signed him at starter money, then reduced his playing time. I'm thinking they realized the JJ Watt they got was not the JJ Watt they wanted.

Charlie Morton breaking his leg sucks. He was the pitcher that won game seven for the Astros in the 2017 World Series, he's very much respected here. The only good thing, for the Astros, is the Braves also are now minus a starting pitcher.

20. ralphie250

but the braves have quite a few they can bring up, they brought up Tucker Dacidson.

could you imagine a team with all 3 Watt brothers on it??

• Like Like x 1