1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

NHL 2011 - 2012 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Leto, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Leto

Leto Slightly Tilted

Decades? You are referring to the DeadThings of not too long ago right?

2. streak_56

streak_56 I'm doing something, going somewhere...

I think you insulted yourself with that statement....
    --- merged: Nov 10, 2011 12:17 PM ---
    20 years in playoffs -> decade(s)

3. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

Careful guys. Ace might riot.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Fly

Fly music is the answer

this is getting good.........and I still say fuck Shitcago too.........

GO CANUCKS GO...........
    --- merged: Nov 10, 2011 1:12 PM ---
    streak........the fuck you cheering for a Yankee team for man????

5. ace0spades

ace0spades Slightly Tilted

YOU ASKED FOR IT!

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
    --- merged: Nov 10, 2011 2:48 PM ---
    You must be from Toronto or somewhere equally shitty. I can understand hating on your betters. It's okay, someday where you live will be as awesome as Vancouver.

6. streak_56

My last name is a historically significant detroit players name... and I have Red Wings born and bred into me. The Wings have been good to me, I'm awaiting the time in my life where I feel shame for how terrible my team is. I will say, if Winnipeg didn't come back, Vancouver would be my "canadian" team to cheer for... but unfortunately its Andrew Ladd and the Jets!
    --- merged: Nov 11, 2011 2:45 AM ---
    I wish my ego had space in Vancouver....

• Like Like x 1
  7. Leto

Leto Slightly Tilted

well. I was pulling for you.

By the way I've lived in Aldergrove, Kitsilano, North Van and Surrey. But I guess i never got that special Vancouver ego.

8. the_jazz

Well, if it's any consolation, I hear that you're not a REAL Cannucks fan until you've set a truck on fire or thrown a trash can through a window. You can always hope, though.

9. Fly

Fly music is the answer

fuck sakes jazz.........those were the fucking idiots......us "real" hockey fans wouldn't pull that childish shit......

yet I still got a chuckle out of it.

10. the_jazz

I'm sorry, Fly. I don't see the distinction between "fucking idiots" and "Cannucks fans". Can you explain it to me? Use small words. I'm not that bright.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Fly

Fly music is the answer

bastard

• Like Like x 1
  12. Leto

Leto Slightly Tilted

lol - zing....

• Like Like x 2
  13. Fly

Fly music is the answer

don't egg him on Leto

14. ace0spades

Dayum, it's getting hot in here (don't take off all your clothes).
    Well, if you look at who actually got charged with stuff from the riot, of the 60 charges laid on Halloween, only 12 were from Vancouver. 21 were from Surrey, so I guess what I'm saying is I'm blaming you for the riot... Most Canucks fans who live in this city didn't trash it, but here I am taking responses in a shit-talking thread seriously (like all you thin-skinned ninnies).

[edit]

Woo! Canucks 3-2 over the Kings. Bring on Anaheim. Go Canucks Go!

15. Leto

Leto Slightly Tilted

lol I haven't lived in Surrey since the summer of 1980 - when I was working on a blueberry farm in Delta. I was with you until you slagged my town (Toronto). As far as I know, Surrey is to Van as Markham is to Toronto... all part of the same urban area. Same fan base.

16. the_jazz

At least in Chicago, we have the good sense to only riot when we win something. But despite a few championships since (Bulls, Sox, Blackhawks) it hasn't happened since the mid-90's. I guess you Nuckleheads are a different breed. I blame bad weed causing genetic deformities that make you more like Detroit fans than any other Canadians. But that's me.

• Like Like x 1
  17. ace0spades

Yeah, but it's not like the fans from Surrey headed back to Newton and trashed their shitty city, they decided to mess with ours. I slag Toronto on a pretty regular basis, so I guess it was never meant to be ;)

Disparage our city and our fans all you want, but leave our weed out of this!

• Like Like x 1
  18. ace0spades

Oh, and since we're judging entire cities for the actions of a few, I'm pretty sure you beat up that old guy on the train. You should really turn yourself in, because your actions disgust me.

• Like Like x 1
  19. streak_56

Calgary just has the red mile.... nothing else came of it.... ;)

20. the_jazz

Nah, that guy's clearly a Sox fan. I'm a long-suffering Cubs fan.