1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

NHL 2011 - 2012 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Leto, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Fly

Fly music is the answer

don't fcuk with the weed

2. streak_56

streak_56 I'm doing something, going somewhere...

Its a billion dollar business here... and basically legal!

3. Leto

Leto Slightly Tilted

why would weed be illegal? It's so benign.

4. streak_56

Government doesn't see the money added value behind it quite yet.... and Canadian government caves to American pressure on the issue anyways...
    --- merged: Nov 17, 2011 1:44 AM ---
    now can we get back to hockey?

• Like Like x 2
  5. ace0spades

ace0spades Slightly Tilted

Not to say that I 'like' that, it's just the way it is... Liked for truth. That being said, we've got the Blackhawks this upcoming Wednesday. I hope we can put our rest to good use and stick it to those fuckers. Put them down like the dogs they are.

6. Leto

Leto Slightly Tilted

I thought you wanted to talk hockey? hahaha :)

7. streak_56

Hmm.... where's all the 'nuck fans talking shit now? No where! 5-1 serious? Where's the riot?

8. Leto

Leto Slightly Tilted

Willing to trade Komiserik & Connolly to Vancouver for Luongo. A change of scenery may help all involved.

*edit: oh and ditch Luongo's contract too.

9. ace0spades

Yeah that was a beating. We'll get 'em next time. I wish we could be more consistent.

10. Carbonic

Carbonic Getting Tilted

11. Fly

Fly music is the answer

yup..piss poor game that night..........bastards

12. Fly

Fly music is the answer

made up for it last night.....OT win..........thank you very much

13. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

Yeah, 'cause it's sooooo hard to do now.... ;)

It's time for the circus to leave town so the 'Hawks can have a damn home game.

14. streak_56

So.... Crosby comes back and kills it.... was it really worth the wait?

I think so... he was unstoppable...

15. streak_56

Thank you Curtis Glencross for a stupid penalty to allow my wings to win!!!

16. ace0spades

I'm sadly just waiting for the other shoe to drop... Another concussion. I remember watching him get his first during that HBO series, then he got the second one and I thought, "Wow, he might be done..." It's awesome he's back, but wow, he's damaged goods now. I hope he is able to avoid another major concussion while still keeping his game at a high level.

17. MuteyTheMailman

MuteyTheMailman Vertical

I think the long healing periods are going to become a pretty regular thing now. The quick recovery, get-them-back-on-the-ice-asap mentality is going, or gone I think. Teams have too much money invested in their premier players to risk losing them permanently to concussions. I don't think they'll take as much time with their goons or third line players, but with the Sidney Crosby's of the league? I think they're going to be treated differently than in the past.
    The Leafs are doing it with Reimer now. I don't think he has a super serious concussion, but I think the team is taking their time letting him heal 100% before putting him back on the ice. It makes some sense. It makes a lot of sense, actually, but I think it's a good thing that teams are actually taking concussions seriously now.

18. SuburbanZombie

SuburbanZombie Housebroken

Bummer...The Bruins win streak ended at 10...can't complain though...went from last to first.

19. ace0spades

Cory Schneider... Getting the job done! Back in the mix in sixth, wow the west is tight right now (as always). ps: fuck Chicago.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Leto

Leto Slightly Tilted

yeah... I was waiting for that to end. It was getting to be hard to keep up.