1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Nominate Awful Beers for my Research Project

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Plan9, Jun 11, 2013.

1. I think all kinds of beer taste good.

2. MSD

MSD Very Tilted

Post your address so we can all ship our terrible beers to you.

3. Remixer

Remixer Middle Eastern Doofus

Australia's own Victoria Bitter (VB). What a crock of liquefied shit.

[​IMG]

I realize as a German I'm horribly spoiled when it comes to beer, but this one is by far and away the shame of the nation: 5.0 Original Pils

[​IMG]

And out of all of the German beers that get exported, this one lives on the very bottom: Beck's Ice

[​IMG]

I tried a local beer last time I was in Shanghai. Don't remember the name, really not worth the memory space either.

4. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

I remember now. The worst beer I ever had was from Trader Joe's. It was one of their brands, I guess the beer equivalent of Two Buck Chuck. I think it was $1.99 for a six-pack.

Probably the most brutal time I had muscling through a six pack ever.

5. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Please tell me it was their Corona ripoff.

6. Borla

It's been too long ago to remember, has to be 7-8 years or more. It was a lager, might've been a light lager, but it came in a can. It didn't say anything about being Mexican style either.

But it was horrid. And I don't say that lightly.

7. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Beer-ritas

• Like Like x 1
  8. Borla

You shut your mouth with that horrible madness!

9. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

They are made by budweiser. And come in a can.

10. Borla

Are you trying to make them sound better or worse? :p

11. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Just trying to share the sheer level of pure disgustingness with you. They also make a strawberry beerita.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

WTF is a beerita?

Sounds like the pseudonym of a Mexican hooker (she probably has Syphilis).

13. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

A Beerita is a "beer" and margarita in a can. It's an abomination. I use the term "beer" loosely, as it is a Budweiser product.

14. Charlatan

noodle, I don't need to try that to know it's an abomination.

Who the fuck dreams up shit like this? More to the point, who decides it's a good enough idea to take it off the drawing board and make it real?

15. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Okay, so I had the names a little wrong.... Straw-ber-ita and Lime-a-rita....

Bud Light Lime-A-Rita - Anheuser-Busch - Saint Louis, MO - BeerAdvocate

It's still awful. Have you ever met a Southern redneck looking for something cheap to drink at a bonfire party or at the beach?
    That's where the market is. And mostly women. Anheuser-Busch has a plant in Jax so we get all the "new stuff" early.
    There are no InBevs that I'll drink unless under significant duress.

16. Charlatan

In Bev... I suppose it makes products that keeps the punters from drinking the good stuff, leaving it for me to drink.

• Like Like x 1
  17. MSD

MSD Very Tilted

The TJ contract brew around here is Kennebunkport Brewing Comany. They have an IPA, a porter, and a blueberry wheat. They're nothing to write home about, but at $5.99 per six pack they're pretty solid. I recommend the IPA.

18. Most people's justification for imbibing this particular kind of beer:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  19. Put Alexander Keith's IPA on your list. Sorry excuse for an IPA. Colorless, tasteless except for the sour citrus aftertaste, it's so bad eve InBev wouldn't distribute it.

20. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

It's not an IPA, but it doesn't have anything that would qualify as a flaw (light struck, diacetyl, esters, phenol). It's just not to BJCP style.