1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Nominate Awful Beers for my Research Project

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Plan9, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

It's been a really long time since I've had a Keith's. I didn't mind the taste, but this was before I had much experience with beer, and certainly before I've had good IPA.

The brewery's Wikipedia page has an explanation of what's amiss:
    That said, I should probably try more IPAs, as I've only had a handful in recent years. I tend to favour dark beers.

2. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

I think I left an espresso stout at kramus' place.

3. Baraka_Guru

Dibs!

4. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

I am just waiting for a recently made batch of IPA to finish bottle conditioning. They should be ready this weekend!

Keith's IPA is just okay. It's marginally better than Canadian or Export.

5. m0rpheus

m0rpheus Getting Tilted

I seriously don't know who the hell still drinks this crap. We get returns at work all the time (I work for Sleeman Breweries if you didn't know) and not in a "once a month we get a case of OV returns" kinda way but constantly. Seriously who still drinks OV?!?

Also, I'd be interested in someone comparing American PBR to Canadian PBR (yup they're different).

• Like Like x 1
  6. Why do some of you know what piss tastes like?

More importantly, how does Baraka_Guru know what monkey piss tastes like?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

That is one of those Canadian things, eh? They have some strange customs up there that 'mericans do not understand as they do not involve sensible low calorie small portion meals, explosions, and watching 14 hours of "reality television" that is almost as realistic as the 1946 film biography of Cole Porter.

edit: egads, that picture has far too large a file size for the dimensions. I just found it and threw it on my minus account, but someone could have done a better optimising things with it.

edit 2: even better, that giant hambuger is Canadian. It is so useful when people are nice enough to fill out the file information on something before they release it to the wild. -
    "Windsor, ON MAY.7.2003 - Manager Kyle Reid goes in for a bite of Bubi's Awesome Eats' powerhouse hamburger, Bunda's Big V8, on Wednesday, May 7, 2003. The burger, costing $46.95, weighs in excess of 10 lbs. made up of 8lbs. of cooked ground beef, a bun that is 2 lbs. before being cooked and condiments. There is a contest at the restaurant to see who can eat the burger within a 90 minute time frame. A contestant must sign a waver but the winner receives $500 as a prize. Many have attempted the feat, all have failed. (Tim Fraser/Windsor Star)"

8. Baraka_Guru

It's called an imagination. You probably had one before it was crushed by the vicissitudes of transitioning from childhood to adulthood. Some of us have managed to cling on to a shadow of what remains of an imagination with the hopes of keeping it alive or even retuning it to its former glory.

This usually helps explain the difference between adults who are responsible enough to hold down a decent job that pays reasonably well and those who can't. Having one's head in the clouds isn't what employers typically look for.

You can't buy an imagination even if you earn a decent income, but at least you can potentially do things like own a car or even a house. Imagine that! (I do, for the record. I imagine these things, and so much more!)

• Like Like x 2
  9. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

I love you, man.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Indigo Kid

Indigo Kid Getting Tilted

Iron City (AKA Iron Shitty) and Lonestar. YUUUUCK!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

I can't speak for B.A. Baraka, but haven't you ever smelled something and then been able to taste it?
    It happens to me all of the time... the smell gets stuck and then I can taste it in the back of my throat.
    Usually with something really awful-smelling. I work with kids... I've smelled a lot of piss.
    And, I have a husband who loves asparagus and cooks it really well... so, I've smelled a lot of stinky piss.
    I'm going to leave this here...

• Like Like x 4
  12. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

Asparagus pee! One knows it's summer by the smell.

13. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

• Like Like x 1
  14. bobby

bobby More Than Slightly Tilted ! Donor

any thing with the word light (lite)..after it...xoxoxoo

15. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

16. 23/50

I'm ashamed. There are 27 beers on this list I have never tried. I need to get ON THAT!

• Like Like x 1
  17. There were only 4 on the list that I have had. None that I have actually purchased.

18. GeneticShift

GeneticShift Show me your everything is okay face.

I'm not proud of some of my answers. I blame hanging out at frat parties in college for 95% of my checkmarks, and the weird people I hung out with that enjoyed throwing "40s parties" where they would buy out the local store of all 40s in stock and we had to drink them all.

At least I've never purchased anything on this list for myself.

You checked off 27 out of 50 on this list!
    1. [​IMG]Fox / Via wallsistah.com
      This is just awful. What is wrong with you? Are you a sadomasochist? Why have you tried so many of these? Unless you are a beer connoisseur whose job it is to taste everything they come across then you have no business tasting as many of these beers as you did. Congratulations, you have terrible taste.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

I checked off 25. A few I had to dig way back and make a best guess on. Who knew they made that many kinds of Natty and Old Milwaukee? :p

Most of mine were checked off the list by visits to the rural Midwest

• Like Like x 1
  20. Stan

Stan Resident Dumbass

28/50 , to be fair, I didn't pay for most of it.