1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Now Carrie Fisher? :(

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Borla, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

It is reported that she had traces of cocaine, heroin, and ecstasy in her system when she arrived at the hospital a few days before passing. :(

2. Wildmermaid

Wildmermaid Very Tilted

double damn. :(

3. Wildmermaid

Wildmermaid Very Tilted

My mom struggled with being bipolar and while she was on a cocktail of meds, pot was what she used to bring calm and a sense of balance to her life. Carrie Fisher was one of the bravest and most human celebrities of this time, I hope she is at peace. <3

4. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

I was kind of knocked back by Billie Lourd's statement on the whole thing.

"Carrie's daughter, actress Billie Lourd, said, "My mom battled drug addiction and mental illness her entire life. She ultimately died of it. She was purposefully open in all of her work about the social stigmas surrounding these diseases."

Billie went on to say, “She talked about the shame that torments people and their families confronted by these diseases. I know my Mom, she’d want her death to encourage people to be open about their struggles. Seek help, fight for government funding for mental health programs. Shame and those social stigmas are the enemies of progress to solutions and ultimately a cure."

Lourd concluded her statement with a message to her late mom: "Love you, Momby."

• Like Like x 4
  5. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

The stigma around getting help for mental and emotional issues ends up impacting so many facets of society that I don't think many people realize.

I think it is a huge contributor towards homelessness, poverty, and other chronic physical problems that go undertreated.

People don't realize, or don't accept, that a chemical imbalance in the brain is just as much a medical problem as a broken leg.

• Like Like x 5