1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Politics Obama - Actually doing a good job?

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by rogue49, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

Good read. Thanks for the link.

2. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

3. rogue49

Pretty much

Obama on Broadway

• Like Like x 1
  4. rogue49

5. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

How refreshing it would be to elect a President that could be castigated for doing too little...

• Like Like x 1
  6. rogue49

How refreshing would it be for a president to get the credit due...good or bad...but even more so, some cooperation.
    What could we accomplish then???

• Like Like x 1
  7. Stan

Stan Resident Dumbass

We've already got a congress that does nothing, I'm not sure "refreshing" is the term that I'd use.

8. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

Change is not necessarily progress, and movement is not always in the best direction. To the question "What is the proper sphere of government?" the answer is not always "Anything it wants."

9. rogue49

True, but it's also not productive in resisting ALL just for political gain in a war of attrition.
    The goal should be for the good of the nation and it's citizens...not to get your opponent's efforts to sit in the mud.

This is not a race...a debate perhaps, but then work needs to be done.

10. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

I was thoroughly disgusted with the Republican party when they started mouthing off about fighting Obama, before he was sworn in, even before the 2008 election results were even official.

11. rogue49

Interesting perspective from a conservative pundit.

I miss Barack Obama

I wonder how many from his typical opposition feel the same??
    Honor your enemy?

• Like Like x 2
  12. Chris Noyb

I think that many of the things Obama did, namely sending our troops into foreign countries, fit the Republican agenda quite well.

• Like Like x 1
  13. rogue49

So is he a LINO?? (liberal in name only...doesn't have the body of him ;))

Actually, I think his most recent budget wasn't truly liberal since wasn't going to be passed...I think it was just a "fuck you" to the GOP congress

14. rogue49

15. Chris Noyb

I've never understood why the USA maintained its cold war policies regarding Cuba once communism in Russia collapsed. Did our government seriously think that Cuba was plotting to 'infest' the US with communists who would mastermind a takeover?

The few people I've personally known with Cuban roots--two who immigrated, & three who's parents were born in Cuba--were totally anti-communism.

16. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

The problem is that the families who were doing well in Cuba before Communism and then lost out when their property (ill-gotten or earned) was nationalized, are still pissed and living in Florida. And they seem to be like people in the Middle East that can't get over things that happened to their parents and grandparents.

17. redux

redux Very Tilted

Significant criminal justice reform will be another Obama legacy if he can get Congressional Republicans to give a little on protecting corporate and white collar criminals (and why are the Koch brothers involved in the discussion at all?)

18. Derwood

Derwood Slightly Tilted

ie my wif'e's mother's entire family

19. rogue49

Obama plays the Trump card on the GOP
    As the president tells it, Donald Trump is the embodiment of what he's been up against in Congress.

Pretty much.
    I'm surprised he's been able to do as much as he has...and he's not being suckered anymore by the GOP like his first 2 years.

I couldn't agree more.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  20. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

I would rather have a Democratic party that knows how to win local and state elections and is able to explain why the majority of Republicans are wrong about the major issues. Maybe someone should make a documentary of the past 160 years and see how many issues that Republicans were against, actually turned out to be good things.