1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Official 2013 NFL Season Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Borla, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Those Seahawks are looking better by the minute...
    --- merged: Jan 19, 2014 at 9:26 PM ---
    Wow, Bowman's knee got wrecked.

Even though I'm rooting for the Seahawks, I absolutely HATE seeing guys get hurt like that.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2014
  2. hamsterball

hamsterball Seeking New Outlets

This game is being affected by some piss-poor officiating.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Borla

Richard Sherman has issues, lol.

• Like Like x 3
  4. hamsterball

Holy shit, that was fascinating....

5. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Yeah, he has a particular grudge against the Niners.

I admit it, I cried a little. I'm so happy.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Borla

He is a stud, but that was insanity.

7. snowy

I'm a big Sherman fan, but even I was shocked.

8. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

Congrats to all Hawks fan. Now go stomp Denver into the Jersey ground. Maybe they'll find Hoffa? Whatever happens I'll be cheering for a Hawks win.

Two things are pretty certain at this point- all Seattle AM/PM's, 7-11's et el are sold out of Skittles and Sherman let Crabtree get under his skin.

• Like Like x 1
  9. hamsterball

I think they'd better cut back on his raw meat allowance.

10. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

Not exactly smart letting teams know you can get mind fucked.

11. snowy

Can't blame him for not wanting Crabs...

12. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

Seattle's up to a 2 pt favorite over Denver, started as a pick'em. I think the books are looking at the D of both teams and giving the edge to the Hawks. I fear Denver might win but I'm hoping to see Manning eating a lot of turf. If he gets hit early and often Hawks walk away with it.

13. Borla

I think giving Manning two weeks to prepare and the lack of home field advantage will spell doom for the Seahawks.

We'll see.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

You gotta admit that was an odd interview to say the least. The look on the interviewers face was priceless. Would like an MP3 of what the producer was saying in her ear.That's got to be classic too.

It's done. Hawks won. Now just do me a favor and go to the east coast and introduce Manning to the turf repeatedly. Denver's O line is ripe for the picking.
    --- merged: Jan 20, 2014 3:35 AM ---
    I don't question his ability... his protection is highly suspect in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2014
  15. snowy

We're bringing the D, that's certain.

16. Borla

I was in the same boat before today.

Actually, my biggest concern with Denver was their D.

Honestly, I think (and hope) it'll be a good game.

17. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

NE's D doesn't come close to Sea's and the Hawks got through with no major injuries. Harvin and Lynch are about the only concerns and they have depth to cover. Denver has two injured safeties and D line that's questionable on talent but been getting some pretty lucky bounces. In my mind it'll come down to whether Sea can get to Manning. While his protection is questionable his ability to get the ball out fast is not. I foresee the possible makings of really good game. Be nice to watch a SB for the game and not the ads for a change. Especially since I don't get the ads here.

18. Borla

Minor sidenote about the Sherman interview...

Lots of people complain that women sideline reporters are merely there for eye candy, aren't as knowledgeable as their male counterparts, have no place in the game, blah blah blah.

At times, because she is so attractive, Erin Andrews has been held up as an example of that. As someone who watches an excessive amount of NCAA and NFL coverage, and follows her on Twitter, I'd argue she does her homework and knows her stuff. Because of the way the real sports world works, she may have unfairly gotten her first breaks due to her looks, but she has reached the top because she is good at what she does. Her reaction to Sherman's nearly nonsensical explosion yesterday was as good or better than I can imagine any reporter's would've been. She couldn't help being taken aback for just a minute, but she did not clam up, get intimidated, or freak out. She was surely approaching the interview with 2-3 questions and followups in mind, but she immediately switched gears and responded with the "Who was talking about you?" follow-up. I'm sure she was shocked, had producers screaming in her ear, maybe worried that he had snapped and would physically do something, but she had a pretty solid response. Kudos to her.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Congrats to the Seahawks!

The 49ers (perhaps CK specifically) at least twice blew it late in the 4th quarter, they lost the game when they had the chance to tie it. That said, the officiating sucked. 49ers fans will whine long & long, and there is some justification. Too late now.

The Pats faithful fans might've believed that they still had a chance even after falling behind early. I didn't, not against Denver. Choosing between the lesser of two evils, I guess that it's nice that Manning gets another SB shot.

As others have posted, I think the key factor in the SB will be the protection for Manning.

20. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

I'm a 9er fan and too many 9rs fans would still bitching about calls had they won. Hell I know fans still bitching about calls made in the 80's. My whole reason for hating the cowgirls is their fan base. Sadly too many of the fans in my own teams fan base, and now their coach, whine and cry way too much.