1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Official 2013 NFL Season Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Borla, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Manti Te'o came to Detroit this week. My imaginary girlfriend broke up with me this week. Coincidence? :confused:

2. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

I think not

3. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Tim Tebow cut today.

I can't say I'm shocked. I wonder if he'll land in the NFL and/or stick somewhere by the time the beginning of the season comes along.

NE as a utility guy wouldn't chock me considering the relationship between Urban Meyer and Belichick. But in the offseason Tebow said he wouldn't play TE. We'll see if that's changed now.

4. ralphie250

I never liked him anyway.

5. ralphie250

I just heard that Mark Sanchez was going to throw Tim Tebow a going away party but it would have gotten intercepted and run back for a touchdown

• Like Like x 1
  6. Borla

I'm going to steal that. :p

7. ralphie250

That's fine. I got another one..

I heard today that there was a tornado warning in Dallas. And they told everybody to go to Dallas Stadium because there's never any touchdowns there.

• Like Like x 1
  8. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

Good thing you live far away because I'm using it at work tomorrow too....

• Like Like x 1
  9. Larry Mayer writes for the Bears website.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  10. ralphie250

What does brokeback mountain and the cowboys have in common?

They both suck...

11. Strange Famous

Strange Famous it depends on who is looking...

The Jets, to me, have taken two steps forward and two back.

Bringing in a solid veteran starter QB (David Garrard) and Geno Smith to sit behind him is a great move. Anybody who follows football knows what a disaster Sanchez was last season. Through no fault of his own, Tebow was a distraction and it is better for both sides for the lad to find somewhere he is wanted. For all his rough edges, I can still see him being a very effective player.

But that said, we havent really upgraded at receiver (as far as I know Braylon hasn't been signed yet, Stephen Hill needs to take a big step forwards this season, which I think he can. Holmes isnt elite but he's a solid 1 and Kerley is a solid 2)

I think Shonn Greene got a lot more stick than he deserved last season. I dont see Ivory as a big upgrade, and a lot depends on McKnight getting his head straight. I think a lot rests on Bilial Powell. The O line was fine last season and remains fine.

We dont have (in my opinon) a starting TE at the moment (Cumberland is a big strong lad with ok hands, but he isn't going to scare many defences)

_

But the big issue is Revis. I get all of the arguments in favour of trading him. If we can get Coples to get at the QB more and put some pressure up front, Cro and Milner are good enough. Cro and Milner would be good enough for plenty of very good teams. He is a big ego and wants too much money. You dont know how much the knee injury has taken off him. But I just feel in my gut - how many great teams trade away their best player? How many champions trade away the best player of his generation at his position? How many winning teams trade away the best player in terms of skill that has ever been on their roster at the (probable) absolute peak of his powers?

We need to strength at safety obviously (Bell was a big loss to me, a very good player and a solid veteran)...

_

You look at this team, and you Rex is going to make the defence hard to score on just through complexity and confusion. If Garrard gets hurt again, you worry about the QB position (Geno Smith is a big gamble. A great pick where we took him, but he isnt a sure thing, McElroy can do a job for you but not much more, and Sanchez... well he has every tool in the box to be a great QB, except the heart. He is a good kid, but he's an introvert, emotionally vulnerable and uncertain... maybe he can go somewhere and be a good backup, but he is done at Jets. Some players dont mind fans getting on their back, but Mark does. So a lot depends on Garrard.

I guess a lot of teams are in the same place... in terms of losing the starting QB can be season destroying (ie Chicago without Cutler, Pittsburgh with Big Ben...) but not many starting QB's have as dodgy a fitness record in recent years as David.

It goes without saying that if Rex (out of some kind of pure stubbornness) makes Mark the starter, it will cost us 4 or 5 games over the season.

I see us as anywhere between 10-6 and 7-9, An outside shot at the playoffs, but probably another season of rebuilding. A lot of money comes off the salary cap next year (and Sanchez can be cut next season) and the team may be in a good place then.

12. Strange Famous

Jets season is over.

13. ralphie250

They had one???

14. Borla

Brian Urlacher announced his retirement this AM.

15. Strange Famous

With a Rex defence that we have added some ability to stop the run, had a legit number 1 receiver (remember Santonio Holmes missed most of last season) and a massive upgrade at QB (Garrard over Sanchez)... yes, I think that was a 10-6/9-7 team. Geno isnt close to ready and Sanchez is done mentally in NY. Losing Garrard is a 4 game difference to me.

On Urlacher, I think fair play to the guy. I respect him for knowing when its time to walk away while still close to his prime, and with his last game being for the team where he is a legend.

16. Borla

Tim Tebow to the Patriots, just announced.

17. ralphie250

Yeah I saw that. They need to make him a wr or a slot back. Cause hell never play qb under cheater bellicheck.

18. Borla

I really think the only positions he's capable of playing in the NFL under any circumstances are either HB, FB, or TE. He's not fast enough for a WR, he's not good enough at QB to be a starter in the NFL. But he might be serviceable out of the backfield or at TE. At least no one is going to be saying you should bench Brady to start him, lol.

• Like Like x 1
  19. I went to the Bears/Bucanneers game at Wembly in 2011. Was very impressed with how knowledgable the local fan base was. They watch our Sunday day games live on Sunday night after all. And its not just London, I have a friend in the Netherlands who knows as much about the NFL as any American I know. The NFL has been building towards this for years. I think it will be a great success. And I would go back in a heartbeat.

London calling: NFL wants UK team, and soon; Jags look like best fit - CBSSports.com

20. Borla

• Like Like x 2