1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Official 2013 NFL Season Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Borla, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

Was he arrested for his third possible rape? If so Pitt will be calling soon.

Sports stars... pfft. I gave up season tickets (didn't renew) in part due to the fact the teams players were always getting arrested, several times for sex with under aged females. Of course the victims wouldn't help the DA (but did move into nicer houses, hmm) so the charges were dropped. We used to ask- "If three Blazers are riding in a car who's driving? The police."

On the main subject I wonder how long before Seattle's star bursts and burns?

• Like Like x 1
  2. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

NEVER!

And the Jailblazers are long gone, thank goodness!

3. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

Nice see them do a whole season hot like they re now. History is not on their side. Many times I've thought this is their year. I have yet to see any Hawks sporting a SB ring.

Yeah, my brothers back to attending games but tix aren't as hard to come by as they were back in the old MC days. We had great seats in the MC and were sold a cock and bull story for Rose Garden seats. We ended up three rows from the top. I asked the front office WTF!? and was told "everyone in front of had season tix longer." Not even mathematically possible. I chatted up some folks with choice seats and those who told me "Man, the blazers just called us up and offered these kick ass seats to us, we were on the list for years never thought we'd get seats like these" I collected bus. cards from and took them to the front office. They moved us behind the basket in the lower level after I pointed out "you're lying, you know, I know it and the Oregonians going to know as soon as I leave here.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Watching Peyton Manning work reminds me of watching Michael Jordan play basketball.

I think you could take someone who has never seen the sport, spend 15 minutes explaining the basics, and they would somehow know that that guy was special.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

Manning just gets better and better.

6. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

My question on Manning is can he last all season without getting hurt? If he makes it all the way they'll be in the SB is my guess.

7. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

At least my Raiders didn't do TOO bad, they put some numbers up on the board.
    Not like the NYG's this week.

But their offensive line has got to hold to let Pryor have some time...no wonder he got a concussion.

8. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

I hope the Seahawks get a reality check form the Texans, but I wouldn't bet the grocery money on that happening. If either team wins big, the lingering question will be was the other team actually any good?. So far the Texans aren't impressive, despite being 2-1.

I'm ever hopeful for a compete implosion by the cowgirls.

9. Borla

They are doing a pretty good job of protecting him considering they are on their 3rd string Center and 2nd string Left Tackle. He may be the slowest guy in the league, but he is phenomenal at getting rid of the ball before the pressure gets there.

I honestly think the Seahawks are going to be that good. I think they win the Division and at least a playoff game, maybe more. If Dallas makes the playoffs it is going to be because the rest of the division plays so poorly they hand it to them.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

That's just it for me, he's slow and the O line is not that great. How long can they keep that up? I have zero knowledge of Denver's depth or who's on their IRL. But I think it's seriously possible other teams will figure out a way to slow down Manning's ability to get it off so fast, get to him sooner or both. I honestly think Kaepernick is having a hard go of it with the 9'ers because every team on their schedule a lot little time and effort studying what he does- when, how and why. Now what worked so well last season is a known product and they've told their guys "when you see him do that you make sure you do this" and now he's what? I know he had zero touchdowns last I looked.

If Dallas gets into or God forbids wins a play-off game I might have to rent a Ryder truck... Diesel oil and fert. has to be cheap in the Dallas area, right?

(note to NSA desk jockey reading this- I have a dark sense of humor, don't live anywhere near the Dallas area and have zero desire in seeing anyone actually harmed. But thanks for spending my tax dollars reading this.)

11. Borla

Keep in mind he's always been slow. He's mostly never had the running game he now has. He's definitely not had the defense he has now (let alone what it'll be when Bailey is healthy and Miller is back). Yet he's still put his name on the list of "maybe best regular season QB ever".

Teams have had 14 years to try to figure him out, and they still can't do it. Having Welker, Thomas, Decker, and the other Thomas is about as good of a corps of guys to throw to as he's had in a LONG time, if ever. Barring more injury, I see them winning 13+ games this year.

As far as Kap goes, I think he and RGIII are both victims of over saturation of media and the almost ADD-like focus only on what has happened in the last five minutes. I actually heard supposed experts claiming that Kap was likely going to be "one of the best QBs ever" by the time he was done, and that was after 7 career starts. I've heard others talk about RGIII would change the game forever, after less than a season. Don't get me wrong, I wish them both success, and they seem mostly to be decent guys. But come on, let's give them five minutes in the league before we start measuring them for the gold jacket and bust in Canton. :p

If you need a co-pilot, let me know. :p

Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

Manning's always been Manning, yes. Just think his line might be easier to decode in Denver. I certainly don't see the same level as he had with the Colts but I do see your point.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Chris Noyb

Just don't hurt jackass jerry, he's done more to hurt the cowgirls than any player or coach in the NFL. And the dumbass thinks that he's done a fine job as GM (how delusional can one person be?).

14. Borla

He's a great owner.

He's a horrible GM.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

Jerry does have one big ass shine built in his honor.

16. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

While all the critical statements about Jerry are true (IMO), he's apparently a really nice guy one-on-one.

17. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

People said Ted Bundy was pleasant to be around too. Now I wouldn't compare owning the Cowgirls to being a serial killer. Serial killers would likely find that insulting.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Borla

19. Chris Noyb

Great game from the Texans in the first half, zero points in the second half. Much credit goes to the Seahawks for never giving up.

Is it time to replace the lead-footed and predictable Schaub? The fans are screaming for his head, but that's to be expected. Now the media is saying it's time for a new QB.

Kubiak has decision to make, and he needs to make it now. The season is 1/4 over, and the Texans are showing every sign of being a mediocre team that might maybe possibly barely squeak into the playoffs. He either takes his chances with Schaub, or takes his chances with Yates (I like Keenum, but in reality Yates is the logical choice as the more experienced QB). IMO it's time to see what Yates can do to fire-up the Texans' offense.

I'm also curious to know why Rick Dennison isn't mentioned by the media and fans. As Offensive Coordinator he should be on the hot seat; or does Kubiak basically totally control the offense?

20. Borla

The Texans are 2-2. Their two losses came on the road against the Super Bowl champs and in a tight game against what many are saying may be the best team in football. I would take my finger off the panic button.

Fun fact: The Texans have the #1 ranked passing offense in the entire league so far this year. They have the #4 ranked offense in the entire league. It's pretty hard to look at that and say the OC and QB need canned IMO.

• Like Like x 1