1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

OK ladies, does it really make a difference?

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by Craven Morehead, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

I heard that there used to be a rabbi in New York who would save all the foreskins from circumcisions and make them into little coin purses. And if your rubbed the purse just right, it would turn into a briefcase. Is that a true story?;)

Lindy

2. Freetofly

Freetofly Diving deep into the abyss

Interesting subject, but I really don't know the answer. I have been with my husband since I was 17 and have had no others since. hmm...
    Married 30yrs, total 35yrs with. Makes me wonder you know.

3. Joniemack

Joniemack Beta brainwaves in session

See, now if you were a dog......
    --- merged: Dec 8, 2011 3:00 AM ---
    Bravo.

4. Levite

Levite Levitical Yet Funky

I have never heard that idea. We Jews do try to keep everything intact on our own bodies, as a rule, because it's considered ungrateful to damage one's body on purpose except for medical reasons or suchlike, seeing as the body actually belongs to God-- they're just loaners to us. Circumcision for ritual purposes is not considered damage, because God commanded us to do so. But I have never heard that if one did damage one's own body, one could then not enter the World To Come (more or less our version of Heaven).

And in any case, that would only apply to human beings and their own bodies. Not animals. Although, our tradition also seems not to generally believe that animals enter the World To Come at all....

5. curiousbear

curiousbear Terse & Bizarre

I had even thought that genital mutilation by religious reasons is to discourage masturbation and to enjoy pleasure only when procreating. I thought kind of religions thought enjoying the pleasure without actual procreation is a sin and hence wanted to discourage it. This had resulted in causing guilt to people who do it.

But in reality it is bull shit!
    Any pleasure is pleasure!
    It is causing pain to one self or otherwise with no moral purpose that is sin...

Sorry no intentions to hurt any religious sentiments though

I like my uncut penis. And I am absolutely fine with cut ones. I just don't like the religious reasons!

to answer the OP
    1) Uncut greatly facilitates masturbation, foreplay, play & action during intercourse
    2) Cut - desensitizes the glans and hence HELPS to prolong intercourse, however note desensitizes...

6. greywolf

greywolf Slightly Tilted

When I was younger, I worked with an older guy who was addicted to menthol cough drops as he had chronic sore throat and infections due to poorly functioning tonsils. He ate them constantly. I never knew why until a co-worker told me that many years before, he'd gone into have his tonsils removed. In a bizarre accident, he was mixed up with the other guy in his room, and was actually circumcised!! He never went near a hospital again.

I can't tell you if he preferred sex before or after the circumcision... it's not the sort of conversation I think I'd ever have with another guy :p

7. Joniemack

Joniemack Beta brainwaves in session

Wow, I can't believe they took a perfectly good set of tonsils out by mistake.;)

8. Do you know why dogs lick themselves?

Because they can.

9. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

I have two sons from two marriages. Son#1 was uncircumcised as was his father. Son#2 was uncircumcised as was his older brother. I was choosing based on all the medical knowledge I could get my hands on the first time. The second time was knowledge plus choosing which was more important, looking like your brother or dad. I thought he'd identify more with his brother.

My question is in re: the commonly stated 'cleanliness' issue of non-circumcised men.
    Has anyone given any thought as to how many nooks and crannies a vulva has? If you have not, let me assure you that despite it's 'self-cleaning system' there is daily maintenance to keep up to Western cleanliness standards. About the same about of daily maintenance I taught my uncut sons to engage in to stay free of odour or infection.

I'm of the opinion that it is no more unhealthful to leave a newborn penis intact than it is to leave a female infant's genitals uncut.
    Cleanliness is the bottom line.

To answer the OP, no, it makes no difference to me if a man is cut or uncut though I have seen some nasty-looking hack jobs (circumcision) on some poor dudes.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yes :D

• Like Like x 3
  11. curiousbear

I kind of don't understand this. Looking like your brother or dad...? Do men in a family look at each other's penises? Are there occasions where girls/women could look at the penises of brothers and dad/son?
    Please pardon my ignorance and pardon if my question sounds mean

A lot of meaningful things get a lot of twist with time and becomes totally different concepts like Identity. That happens especially when things are followed in letters instead of spirit.

I understand cleanliness part. mine is uncut. And I am very conscious about it. That is true for my mouth, arm pits, and other tricky parts too!

I am glaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad they aren't cutting vulvas though!

12. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

No apology needed; I was not very clear.

It's so hard when you are birthing kids to look into the future, trying to forecast what their potential experiences may be.
    In this case, my thinking went like this: Who was youngest son more likely to see naked, his brother with whom he shared a room or his dad? In his formative years most likely it would have been his brother, not this dad. It was really guessing ahead that if he was cut and his big brother not cut, then would he feel 'different' or would that have meant nothing to him?
    Of course, his dad was part of this decision and his opinion was to leave it entirely up to me.
    The number one consideration however was health issues.

13. Alistair Eurotrash

No kidding! I imagine it's hard to think about anything except, "Make it fucking stop!". I heard it stings a bit.

• Like Like x 1
  14. NetvorFena

NetvorFena Vertical

Speaking from personal experiences, the only difference that I have noticed, is that chaffing from vaginal dryness is somewhat reduced with a man who is uncircumcised. It is not done away with completely but it does prevent some of the dry friction while still providing the other more pleasant sensations. It makes a greater difference when it comes to hand jobs though. IMHO handjobs are much less messy and easier when the man is uncircumcised. But that's would be my personal preference.

15. curiousbear

Thanks for taking time to write again

So it looks like it is a trade off!
    uncut:
    pros: preserves sensitivity, comforts handjobs (self or partner), comforts intercourse in reduced dry friction.
    cons: Needs effort to maintain clean and stench free
    cut:
    pros: clean, reduced sensitivity of the glans resulting in prolonged action
    cons: needs lubricant for handjobs (or always combines BJ to HJ - which is good for the man LOL)

note: I will not care or talk about religion part of it - I just don't relate to it

16. wyopen

wyopen Getting Tilted

Lube is ALWAYS good!

17. Frankie

Frankie Slightly Tilted

I'm uncircumcised and I've been told it really makes little or no difference during intercourse. That said maybe they were just trying not to hurt my feelings. I've been with woman who s preference was circumcised for oral.