1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Older Men/Women (now NSFW)

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by ZombieSquirrel, Sep 28, 2011.

1. clarksdale

clarksdale Vertical

My wife and I are 12 years apart except for a few weeks every year when we are 11 years apart. I'm older. But I do not look my age and I think most people assume we are roughly the same age. I can outrun people in their twenties, so as long as that is the case, I'm not taking age too seriously. We've done a lot together, and our sex life has been and is just incredibly great. It is that we are compatible in so many ways that makes this work so well. I was worried about the age difference at first but never think about it anymore. That might change as I get older, but right now it is no big deal.

It is a truism that men seek younger women and that women like the security and wealth that older men often have. But getting into any relationship just for physical beauty or for money is a terrible idea. You have to have maturity and a deep emotional connection that would be there without the more superficial stuff. If you have both...lucky you!
    --- merged: Feb 2, 2012 10:39 PM ---
    I'd have to add, however, on second thought, that I'd love to have the physical performance of a 25 year old, along with the knowledge and maturity that I have at my age. The sex is great, but there are a few things I'd change - not about my body shape or anything, but my response, my recovery time, all that. The angle seems to decline a bit every year, if you know what I mean, and the guys here do.

2. SirLance

SirLance Death Therapist

Youth is fleeting, but immaturity can last a lifetime.

If you enjoy each other and have fun together, I don't think age makes a difference.

Of course, I'm 52. Changes your perspective to be in the "creepy old guy" category.

3. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Attracted vs. Relationship...
    Attracted to most ages...depends on the woman. (ex. Helen Mirren is interesting...)
    Personally I've always preferred more mature women because they tend to be more confident and know what they want.

But for practical purposes, there may be some logistical/biological concerns.
    For instance, I want children...so there are limitations to that.

But if you're talking about pure "connection"...whatever works for you and them.

4. Blaine Henry

Blaine Henry New Member

You are absolutely correct. Have the stamina of a 20-30 year old and the wisdom and experience of a 40-50+. That would be the best of both. Age is often hard to tell and it often depends on how well someone has kept themself. People routinely think that I am 10-15 years younger than I am.

5. Blaine Henry

Blaine Henry New Member

Age is all dependent and a poor indicator. Some who are young in years are "old" before their time. Some who are "old" in years will never be old. I intend to be the latter.....

• Like Like x 1
  6. SirLance

SirLance Death Therapist

It ain't the years, it's the mileage. My bones may creak a bit, but I'll do anything I would have done at 19. Well, almost anything. Ok, not nearly anything....

My attitude is that you really don't get to pick who you love. Love is rare, it should be treasured, tended, cared for, else it will wilt like the plant you forgot to water.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Blaine Henry

Blaine Henry New Member

Very well put. You are almost a poet.

8. Lucifer Slightly Tilted

Just throwing this in here, for, well, you know...

[​IMG]

9. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

That reminded me......back in my navy days some of the people I worked with thought I was 10 years older at least. The shaved head/moustache look may have had something to do with that, but in any event I always liked hearing it.

10. Remixer

Remixer Middle Eastern Doofus

That image fucks with my brain.

So much.

11. Yay! Hooray!
    (I've never taken offense to a woman, or anybody, calling me "immature" just because I'm a guy, or just because I AM being immature; embrace life & joy & silliness & f*-all else; especially serious people squatting.)

Age is subjective, as is "creepy." Do you perceive your personality this way, or all external perceptions of this category in this manner?

I've too often been accused of the former (aged beyond years). But old in years is almost always physical (not always mental). I'm not 21 anymore, and it takes longer to recover from injuries.

12. SirLance

SirLance Death Therapist

Nah, I just like to have lacivious thoughts about girls less than half my age. I think that puts me in the creepy old guy category.

13. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Okay, I don't get that. When you're 20, women that are 20-30-40 are hot. When you're 40, these same age categories are still hot.

Does it make me a pervy old man if I find college girls hot just because I'm a decade or two older? I don't think so.

I do, however, think it's a solid indicator that my testicles are still in good working order.

• Like Like x 2
  14. That's why the general social norm across almost all human cultures is for younger women to look for older men (not old-creepy, but older than their age).

15. SirLance

SirLance Death Therapist

Well, they may be looking, but they're not finding me...