1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

One simple question regarding Obama's Jobs Bill

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by Aceventura, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Joniemack

Joniemack Beta brainwaves in session

They're still up there, ready to trickle down with everything else.
    --- merged: Oct 4, 2011 12:14 AM ---
    Ace, I assure you, it is more risky to be an employee than an employer in this country. In the absence of unions, there are no safeguards to employment or for employees - outside of the fact that employers are required by law to provide an environment that is safe and they are no longer allowed to strap a yoke around an employee's neck and use them as pack labor. Okay, they can but the employee has to sign off on it first.

I sense a deep distrust in your fellow man, Ace.
    *May the force be with you*:)

2. dippin Getting Tilted

We are nowhere near stagflation so I fail to see the relevance. Bond rates only go down in recessions when the country's ability to repay its debt is not in question. If anyone in the market expected the US to default or inflate its debt away, the interest rates wouldn't be so low. The fact that they aren't means that your little rants about government spending are not based on reality.