1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Our Long National Nightmare is Over: Congressional Republicans Push to Declare Pizza a Vegetable

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by Willravel, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

Absolutely the first stuff that came out was pretty mild to the orange, red or blue, sticky stuff most departments are now using. When the stuff first starting hitting the market it was basically "mace spray" and wasn't much worse then tear gas. Often it was simply tear gas. Once away from it a little water and you'd be fine in a few minutes. Basically it used to be water or alcohol based and now it's gel based. Now it's designed to burn on contact and stick to whatever it hits and the effects can last over an hour. I think most brands guaranty 30-45 mins. of effectiveness. If sprayed down your throat I'd guess you're going to feel that for hours and likely will need medical help.

2. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

Heh, this stuff should be going into the OWS thread.

3. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

Yeah, but how do you merge a few posts into another thread?

4. Joniemack

Joniemack Beta brainwaves in session

So will the Congress now be classifying pepper spray as a vegetable or only if it's topped on pizza?

• Like Like x 1
  5. My son's school has a garden that the kids all work in. The veggies are prepared and served at lunch. The program is in it's infancy (second year I believe), but I'm delighted they've started it and I hope they can, in time, grow veggies all year long.

Also, the kids have unlimited access to fresh fruit and veggies at lunch. I remember being a kid and wanting both peaches and peas and being told I couldn't have both. WTF?

6. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted