1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Panama Papers leak exposes shell corporations

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by ASU2003, Apr 5, 2016.

1. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

And some of the people sheltering money behind them.

Why the Panama Papers leak is a very big deal (Opinion) - CNN.com

The question is, will the US media investigate Americans involved? It did make the nightly news, but they focused on Putin and the Chinese instead of Americans so far. Will corporate tax loopholes and "wealth management" that creates family dynasties going to be looked into? And will politicians that have dealings with, or got donations from, banks and other wealthy individuals get in trouble for letting this happen?

Less than a week after this came out in the press, Iceland had major protests and their leader already stepped down. I'm not sure how the Icelandic people do it, but this is an impressive response. Americans were too busy watching a meaningless college basketball game or some Kardashian or unknown singer on TV to care about this. And they are too in debt or slaves to their careers to be able to protest anything.

View: https://youtu.be/LNEH7p8IaeQ

It accounts for 10% of the global economy it looks like if it is around $20 trillion of the entire $200 trillion split among every other human.

View: https://youtu.be/FZnqeKzD6QY

One senator called out the "free trade proposals" for what they are back in 2011.

Bernie Sanders Called Out Panama As A 'World Leader' In Tax Evasion Years Ago

So, when will laws be passed to clamp down on tax avoidance? How about bringing back an estate tax to stop trust fund kids from gaining power and the best jobs and continuing the cycle generation after generation? How do you go after the small nations around the world that want the boost to their local economy by screwing over people around the world by having low or no taxes on certain financial entities? How many other people weren't exposed, but have Swiss or Cayman Island accounts? How many shuffle money around and pay other firms like this to avoid taxes and inheritance laws? How much influence do these people have on our politicians around the world?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

A day after Bernie spoke out against the free trade proposal, guess who said they would help middle class America? :)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  3. wye

wye Getting Tilted

It's nothing new that "free trade" agreements are often fronts to advance the interests of corporate profit at the expense of just about everything else. Ross Perot saw through NAFTA two years before it was enacted in 1994, and now the Trans-Pacific Partnership is shaping up to look just as bad.

Come now, that's not fair. Some people are entertained by college basketball, Kardashians, or unknown singers on tv, including some people from Iceland. Some people aren't interested in current events or politics. Neither quality implies the other for any given person, because the symmetric difference is not the empty set.

4. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

• Like Like x 1
  5. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Anyone want to start a dead pool to see which tyrants and corrupt folk disappear first??
    People get pissed over proof.

Y'gotta die with the lie.

• Like Like x 1