1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Personal Mottos?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by EventHorizon, Aug 28, 2011.

1. EventHorizon

EventHorizon assuredly the cause of the angry Economy..

they dont have to be profound one liners that define your entire life. just a phrase and the context in which you use it. I'll start.

safe sex - don't be silly put a rubber on your willy
    friends - less is more
    ladies - "you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you get what you need"

2. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

If it's always everybody else, it's not everybody else.

Treat people as you'd want to be treated.

Act in such a way online that if/when people meet you they say "wow, you are just like I imagined you would be".

3. streak_56

streak_56 I'm doing something, going somewhere...

Quality over quantity...
    A hard days work is usually a good nights sleep...
    Respect given is respect earned...
    Treat others as you wish to be treated....
    First guy there, last to leave.....

4. m0rpheus

m0rpheus Getting Tilted

-Try not to be a douchebag.

Doesn't mean you have to let people walk all over you, but you don't have to be a dick while looking out for yourself.

5. This too shall pass.

6. Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll have a beer.

I could agree with you, but why should we both be wrong?

7. Ice|Burn

Ice|Burn Getting Tilted

At the end of the day when it really comes down to it, you are the only one who is going to have your back.

I developed this one after many years of constantly being let down or (before I was old enough to know how to prevent it) getting screwed over.

8. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

Werd

Completing projects: Starting's finishing
    Modeling: Once is an event, twice could be a coincidence, three times is a pattern.
    Quality-controlling feedback: Assess Applause

9. FelixP

FelixP New Member

Someone always has it better; someone always has it worse.

It helps keep things in perspective.

10. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

Beer or women? I always choose the wrong one...

What's a motto? What's a motto with you?

11. CaptainBob

CaptainBob Slightly Tilted

"I'm slow but sure". I was given that on a T-shirt or something when I was about 10 yo. It had a turtle on it.
    I guess it was supposed to be a joke, but I kinda like the motto now.

12. Strange Famous

Strange Famous it depends on who is looking...

"Know yourself"

13. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

I know it's hokey, but "live well, laugh often, love much." I kinda hate that it's all over coffee mugs and cross-stitch patterns, but yep, that's how I try to live.

I also adhere to "Do no harm. Help when you can. Return good for evil." And of course, "don't let the bitches get you down."

14. Doris

Doris Getting Tilted

I've grown to like something my hairdresser says, when we talk about someone judging others' looks. She says it's only an opinion of one person.

I've been timid in bigger crowds to some extent or when meeting with new people, going to new places, but tried to get over fearing this "crowd" and bore the thought in mind, that in the end, you always encounter a person one on one, no matter, what his or her position is.

This is kind of reverse, but sort of same, if you follow me, than a Finnish saying: "Kahden kauppa on kolmannen korvapuusti." Roughly meaning 'a deal between two, is a clip round the ear for the third'.