1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

PETS! Adorable bunnies, bounding puppies, austere kitties...

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by genuinemommy, Aug 2, 2011.

?

What is Your Pet Preference - multiple responses ok

1. Dogs

19 vote(s)
    61.3%
  2. Cats

17 vote(s)
    54.8%
  3. Rabbits and/or Guinea Pigs

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  4. Hamsters, Gerbils, Mice, Rats

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
  5. Snakes

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
  6. Lizards, Cameleons, Geckos

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
  7. Other

4 vote(s)
    12.9%
  8. No pets for me

3 vote(s)
    9.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Shagg

Shagg Vertical

[​IMG][​IMG]

I'm a cat person and that is Mal. Pretty good chance we are going to pick up an Inara for him this weekend. He's been pretty lonely when I am at work and gets excited whenever he sees another cat.

2. Isnt it funny how the ginger cats are always the ones with attitude.
    I am down to three chinese cresteds - my chap is 17 or 18, the two girls are over ten. We also have a mastiff - he looks like an english like his father, but his dam was french. He and his brother were dumped on us. Got me in a lot of trouble, financial and landlord. I will try and get some pics up. Moz looked like Borlas dog, except he has a big white heart on his chest - crying now, miss him terribly - had to be rehomed. The boys were born from cruelty and greed and lived in 'prosecutable conditions' - although as often happens, nothing was done in the way of prosecuting. I have my dear Lucy sitting next to her photo with her lead coiled on the box she is in in the living room. She was a fighter, a true hard fighter - death was always persuing her, but we held him off for years the two of us, fighting him together, winning skirmishes and rejoicing. I still sing to her and call her in at night. Over the rainbow bridge, I know she is waiting. Me too.
    Edit as I forgot the cat. She is fluffy and black and old, and enjoys the warm sun on her old joints.

3. mixedmedia

mixedmedia ...

Finally got around to taking a photo of my daughter's cat, Muffin.

[​IMG]

4. Bear Cub

Bear Cub Goes down smooth.

Allergic to everything under the sun, but if I COULD have a pet, it'd be a dog.

Or a tyrannosaurus.

5. I am a bird person. Right now we just have one, a female cockatiel named Rufus. She is 11 years old and I love her to pieces. I also like cats, but since cats and birds don't mix, I doubt I'll ever have a cat again. We also have a disabled butterfly right now. It only has 3 wings. I'm sure my son will be devastated when it dies. This is Rufus:

[​IMG]

Hubby is a dog person and desperately wants one. I merely tolerate dogs at best, so I dread the day we move to a pet friendly location and he gets one.

6. Frosstbyte

Frosstbyte Winter is coming

RJ your cat is absolutely gorgeous and if it weren't wholly unrealistic, I would totally adopt when you have to get rid of her. Unfortunately I have two very territorial siamese who took about six months to finally get used to one another, so I'm not sure how they'd take to having anyone else around. I posted pictures of them in the other pet thread (which I can't find at the moment). My wife really wants to get a Shiba Inu. I'm not sure how that's going to go. They're pretty awesome dogs.

7. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

Caspar R I P

Belonged to my Ex. Some years ago, he was taken early with a sudden heart attack.
    An enormous cat whose speciality was to find palced of high visibility above human eye-level, and simply 'survey his demesne'.
    We always felt kind of Owned by that cat, which is the usual way of things, but he sure enjoyed rubbing it in.

This day, he decided to join the populace on the decking.
    Dang, I'll miss him.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Zen, the third picture is awesome! Caspar was a beautiful cat.

9. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

I stopped by the rental office to pay rent today, brought Cinnabunny. The neighborhood kids had just gotten off from school, they jumped at the chance to pet a rabbit.

10. streak_56

streak_56 I'm doing something, going somewhere...

This is my wish list....

BorderCollieJadeRedWhiteDSCF0334(2).JPG

"red" Border Collie....

11. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Streak, I blame you for getting me distracted on Petfinder looking for border collie/Aussie shepherd mixes.

12. Duane formerly DKSuddeth

The wife and I run a rat rescue for pet rats no longer wanted or have been mistreated. We also have adopted 5 prairie dogs.