1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Photo Manipulation Thread

Discussion in 'Tilted Art, Photography, Music & Literature' started by Speed_Gibson, Oct 18, 2011.

1. ^ very cool, almost 3D

2. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

Very nice work and I love the vehicle, but that car is clearly missing Mr Fusion to power the flux capacitor and that plutonium is hard to come by in stores these days.

3. buyn New Member

very cool pics :)

4. Speed_Gibson

Just made this with GIMP 2.7.4 (pertinent blog entry here on that subject) . And yes just of a bit of a sci-fi geek thing with this one.
    [​IMG]

5. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

Hi, Speed_Gibson
    Here's the DVD cover I did, for a non-existent film, featuring a friend of mine whose special skill is doing those sword weilding things that get done on the top of a mountain at sunset before tomorrow's battle.

[​IMG]

Sorry about my previous contribution ... I tried and failed to troubleshoot it. Even I could not access the picture regardless of whether I was logged in to my Zenfolio account :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Speed_Gibson

This was an easy one but gave me a good excuse to use the 2.7.4 build of the GIMP.
    Another T-shirt mockup that I would actually buy. Of course I could just have it custom printed if I wanted to.
    [​IMG]

7. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

Hi Speed_Gibson

That's Very cool ... I'm especially liking "If you're a vampire, you should act like one" ... great phrase and font - I can feel it biting into the back of my retina ... totally memorable :)

Yup ... I've mentally 'looked away', and the inner after image is still burning bright. Kudos.

8. Speed_Gibson

Thank you. I had to do a short hunt for an appropriate font at my usual first source <http://www.1001freefonts.com/> and even briefer search for the group shot of the Volturi, but the rest of the actual creation was "old hat" to me. Finding the perfect enough catch phrase was my biggest concern.

9. Speed_Gibson

My latest creation with the GIMP 2.7.4. I considered using Photoshop but stuck with what I knew and had the easier interface to use.
    Interesting note with this one: I took these pictures with 4 kids right next to this fountain and a 3 & 4 year old giving a solid effort to get into the shots.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  10. Speed_Gibson

My latest "work" with Photoshop. I claim zero credit here, just the ability to read and follow a very well written tutorial.
    link is here if it is not showing, not sure if it is just that on my end
    [​IMG]

11. Speed_Gibson

Alrighty then, the link in the previous post now points to this new file. Here is the more proper version as in what I was intended originally.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  12. Speed_Gibson

I posted this before, but this is somewhat improved after using Content Aware and a slight filter. Not my personal view but this was too good to pass up so I walked over here one day and had to take it.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. MSD

MSD Very Tilted

That flowing water animation reminded me of this shot from a friend's wedding this past spring.
    [​IMG]

Most of what I do is just typical post-processing and adjustments like this
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  14. Speed_Gibson

Nice results on both. That wedding shot reminds of those "freeze frame" scenes in movies where one person is walking around everyone else when they are frozen in place due to super speed, stopped time, or whatever else.

15. Speed_Gibson

A bit past the season now and not that original but it was amusing still. This is a card to send those friends that are the uber politically correct types. Not a big fan of that personally as you can tell here......
    [​IMG]

16. Speed_Gibson

This would be a photoshop creation mixing two of my picture from '05 and '02 off the top of my head.
    This has been sitting on my hard drive in a very early stage for a solid 4 years but is finally done now. I think it would have failed on several levels before this, but I knew where to take the final result this time and had a healthy enough comfort level with PS CS5 to do what was needed.
    [​IMG]

17. Speed_Gibson

Not much skill involved with this one, and it is about as original as the watered down ending of the 1958 film version of Cat on a Hot Tin Roof but I felt like making it still.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  18. Speed_Gibson

My latest simple creation. Thought of this idea some time ago, finally got it done.
    [​IMG]

19. MSD

MSD Very Tilted

Same general idea, they use a big circle of cameras and I used one of these http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_i=B000J0HNXI loaded with Fujicolor 400

20. CaptainBob

CaptainBob Slightly Tilted

vanishing pie

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3