1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Photo Manipulation Thread

Discussion in 'Tilted Art, Photography, Music & Literature' started by Speed_Gibson, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

Just made this, thinking of having a t-shirt printed with something close to this.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

Speed_Gibson

.... when 'like' isn't enough:
    :)

3. CaptainBob

CaptainBob Slightly Tilted

Can photo manipulation be done when taking the photo instead of in post?
    I bought a circular polarizer before going to Cuba a couple of weeks ago.

This is my first shot at 200mm with just the UV filter on the lens:

[​IMG]

A minute or so later after I swapped the UV filter for the polarizer. I pulled back to 110mm because the sky and water suddenly popped!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  4. MSD

MSD Very Tilted

Polarizes are worth their weight in gold if you take pictures with sky or anything reflective in them. Unless you have a high quality UV filter and can explain why you're using it in a single sentence (unless you're shooting in a sandstorm or your lens needs it for a weather seal it isn't protecting anything,) don't use it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Speed_Gibson

[​IMG]
    edit: I see a few small rough spots here and already fixed them for the Flikr version.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Speed_Gibson

• Like Like x 1
  7. Punk.of.Ages

Punk.of.Ages Getting Tilted

I just got GIMP last week so that I could enhance my SW:TOR screenshots. I really like it. It has all the tools I need to make my screenshots look awesome.

Not really photo manipulation like the other posts in this thread, but here's an example:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. Speed_Gibson

Gimp 2.8 is a nice release that vastly improves the program. Good feel that improves on what the later 2.7.x builds were showing even.
    Yes you could say things like "You are getting excited about layer groups introduced now?", etc, and they are playing catchup in some respects.
    But I also would be very hesitant to directly compare an free opensource program with a handful of developers to a commercial program with a significant purchase cost (decent subscription/lease cost though if you ask me), whole slew of developers working full time on it, and what is undoubtedly a large budget dedicated to the active development.

9. Speed_Gibson

Just uploaded this for a profile picture on Facebook, not done with the project yet but this was half of my goal and easy enough to use for that purpose.
    Mitt_Romney_profile_pic.jpg

10. Speed_Gibson

Finally finished what I was picturing. This incorporates what I had in mind for the full Romney picture before I went the quick and easy route and adds to it some.
    The original inspiration for this was the Tommy Lee Jones avatar I made for Fremen, I wanted to see that on a bigger scale.
    [​IMG]

11. Speed_Gibson

Another zombie picture, this time with Sam Walton as the subject:
    That tattoo showing through his torn clothes is the relatively new Walmart Sparkle logo.
    [​IMG]

12. Speed_Gibson

A picture with Newt back when he was still running for the GOP Presidential spot. Just a head swap in this case, nothing else was changed in this decidedly odd shot.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  13. Speed_Gibson

14. Speed_Gibson

I recently made this as part of a larger Photoshop job...if only this had been done in the actual film.
    [​IMG]

15. Speed_Gibson

Just put this together finally, but it has been in my head for ages now.
    [​IMG]

16. cis689

cis689 Slightly Tilted

eye.jpg
    --- merged: Nov 29, 2012 at 8:50 AM ---
    flower.jpg
    --- merged: Nov 29, 2012 at 8:51 AM ---
    girl.jpg
    --- merged: Nov 29, 2012 at 8:53 AM ---
    city.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  17. cis689

cis689 Slightly Tilted

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  18. Speed_Gibson

19. Speed_Gibson

20. Speed_Gibson

My latest one. Way too obvious but it was simple enough in any event.
    immortal_kombat.jpg