1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Pick my hairstyle

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by genuinemommy, Jun 6, 2013.

1. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

Hey Members!
    I value your opinion, and I am indecisive on this matter. There are just too many good ones out there. So I bring it to you.

Please share pictures of short women's haircuts.
    Tell me if you like that cut, can't stand it, or otherwise...
    Then tell me how you feel about the pictures others have posted.
    Whichever cut people like the most for me, I will get.*
    *I reserve the right to ultimate veto power (it is my hair afterall).

I would like to cut my hair this summer. Short. Littlegirly keeps tugging on it so it's no longer fun at the current length. Also, I am experiencing post-partum hair loss. My hair gets everywhere, which is annoying.

I have been looking at Pixie cuts and assorted other options. I'm really not sure what to do. I feel like there are so many options, I'm tempted to just buzz it off but then my cancer-fighting mother would probably be disturbed.

Perspective? Here's my current hairstyle (photo is a month old, so it's a little longer but you get the idea. Oh, isn't littlegirly adorable?):
    [​IMG]

This is how my hair appears when it has been blow-dried after washing. It has the same appearance after a couple days without washing my hair after it dries in ambient air. When it is humid (which it frequently is in Cincinnati's hot summers) my hair tends to get a bit frizzy which generally equates to far too much body.

I'd really love your suggestions! Thank you!

2. I like Ginnifer Goodwin's hair...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I thought about it myself. I don't have the face for it, but you do.

My BF was worried when I said I was going to cut my hair. He says he likes long hair. I told him to grow it himself then.

I totally channeled my mother on that one because she told my father the same thing when he said he preferred longer hair.

• Like Like x 2
  3. GeneticShift

GeneticShift Show me your everything is okay face.

I'm with ZombieSquirrel. I love Ginnifer's hair. I seriously considered it last fall, but did not have the ladyballs. It's still a contender in the back of my mind, but if you have the guts, do it.

4. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

5. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

I say this with none of my typical wisecrack-ness. My first thought was using photoshop to "cut your hair" and doing a preview. Shouldn't be too difficult; I have taken pictures of both males and females with plenty of hair and done the spectrum of making them bald or just shorter looks.

• Like Like x 2
  6. amonkie

amonkie Very Tilted

Have you had short hair before?

My only concern is if you end up with a lot of body, just want to make sure the hairstyle continues to work for you. Shorter styles definitely require cuts 4-6 weeks to maintain :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

This is the picture I gave the stylist when I chopped mine off--

[​IMG]

It isn't exactly what I ended up with, but that's another story :)

I also really like the super short Michelle Williams cut:

[​IMG]

Which, now that I look at it, is pretty much Ginnifer Goodwin but blonde.

8. genuinemommy

Thanks everyone for the suggestions so far! I like all of them.

Yes. I'm prepared to get it trimmed every 2 weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lordeden

Lordeden Part of the Problem

MOHAWK!

[​IMG]

Yeah.... I got nothing. I agree with all the womenz that are smarter than I am about these things. I've had the same buzzcut for the last 10 years.

• Like Like x 3
  10. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

First question: do you have a good stylist? That really makes all the difference in the world. When I got my last short cut, my stylist did an amazing job because she knows my hair, its texture, and my face shape.

Two: Are you prepared to just go for it? Don't spend too much time over agonizing what kind of short haircut to get. It'll be fine. It grows back!

I would definitely advise going for a pixie with little baby hands yanking at things. Makes it a lot easier :)

11. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

I'd tell any woman she should shave her head at least once in her life, just to do it—there's no feeling quite like it in the world.

Then again, I'm biased.

;)

• Like Like x 7
  12. genuinemommy

For the past 5 years I have been cutting my own hair. I was planning on going to the Paul Mitchell School to get my hair cut. They have high standards and I feel like I'm contributing to someone's education while I'm getting a deal. The last time I got a pixie cut was in 2003 at a different Paul Mitchell School and they did a phenomenal job. No risk of getting an outdated do, or coming out looking like a granny.

• Like Like x 3
  13. GeneticShift

GeneticShift Show me your everything is okay face.

I go to the Aveda school by me, and I always get kickass hair. I think the high end schools are the places to go for contemporary style.

• Like Like x 2
  14. amonkie

amonkie Very Tilted

I say go for the Pixie cut of Ginnifer style, especially if you've had it before!

15. genuinemommy

Sounds like so far everyone likes the Snow White/ Miss Blanchard pixie cut, which is quite pretty in my opinion. Has anyone seen any especially bad short haircuts that they feel I should avoid?

16. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  17. Speed_Gibson

the_jazz let you post his picture from high school? That was before his "special surgery" of course.

18. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

To avoid?

Just.... no.

[​IMG]

Difficult to keep up... know this from experience. And I have no body in my hair. Even harder if you do.
    [​IMG]

Old Lady Hair

[​IMG]

Jessica Alba, Scarlett Johanson, Kiera Knightley, and Elisha Cuthbert do short hair well, not sure if you've seen theirs. In addition to the Ginnifer Goodwin and Michelle Whatserface. And the little chick from Harry Potter.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Indigo Kid

Indigo Kid Getting Tilted

Go for the "Ginnifer" ! It looks pretty and fun and perfect for a new Mommy!

20. Speed_Gibson

Finally finished this, I do apologise for the few rough spots it has.
    I picked this one from what CinnamonGirl posted for relative ease of use on my part and not necessarily as a recommendation.
    [​IMG]

I so wanted to do a bald picture with a mohawk even but that instantly felt beyond disrespectful on so many levels and was not even considered.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
    • Like Like x 1